Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw a package of those dryer balls at Wal-Mart for around $10. Has anyone used them? Are they worth the investment? TIA

Amanda

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
I heard about them from a friend. She loved hers so much I asked to see them. I tried using tennis balls (5) in the dryer with my mattress pads and other items I want fluffy and they do the trick just fine. Althought I have to hide them from the dog. lol

Laurie in BRadenton

·
Registered
6,281 Posts
The ones i seen at Zellers are $14.99 here and have little picks all over over them. Thyre not hard as rock. I wonder if they work too? i seen the ones that look like tennis balls and have 2 single thin strips of velcro type material on them for delinting.

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
These have me curious, I'll have to keep a closer look out for "dryer balls." If anyone uses them let us know how they work and if they are worth the money they cost. :)

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The ones I saw were two in a package. They looked like hard rubber balls with little spikes all over them. I think the kiddo had a toy similar a few years ago. They are suppose to replace fabric sheets in that they beat the clothes into soft submission I guess. Also I heard they speeded drying time. I am not sure about them though.

·
Registered
110 Posts
The ones I saw were two in a package. They looked like hard rubber balls with little spikes all over them. I think the kiddo had a toy similar a few years ago. They are suppose to replace fabric sheets in that they beat the clothes into soft submission I guess. Also I heard they speeded drying time. I am not sure about them though.
My mom has these and swears by them but I'm not a believer myself. My 9 month old loves to chase after them at Nana's house so maybe they weren't a huge waste of money.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Been usinf dryer balls a little over a year now. Love them! Could be just my imagination but laundry gets softer (without doftener) and dried faster with the balls. :clap:

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
lol, i am in the :huh: crowd. I don't think I have ever heard of them, but they sound interesting.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts