Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DS#1's birthday was yesterday and we had his party a day early because I had to work. I bought "Fun Dough" (Play Doh clone) at the dollar store to put in goodie bags. Welll, I ran to get the pizzas for the party (I was gone five minutes!) and DS#2 smashed the dough into the wicker couch! Guess who spent an hour cleaning it out if the wicker with a butter knife? WHERE were his brains? He also had to clean the floor under the couch after he had cleaned all of the dough out because it was everywhere. GRRRR....

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
I hate play dough, it's an outside thing here.....
{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}} I'm sorry you had such a mess to clean up...............

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
I hate the mess playdough leaves too. I always made the boys play with it on the kitchen floor. I didn't want any of it stuck to the carpet anywhere else.

I am sure DS#1 learned a lesson.;)

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Play Dough is definitely a kitchen floor activity here too. I darn there have to barricade the kitchen off to make him keep it in there.

I never had the stuff when I was a kid for that reason.

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Oh my goodness! I hope the play-doh all came out...I guess he might not want to try that again, especially if he cleaned up his mess....

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
Yikes!!! Play dough...a mother's nightmare. Sorry!!!.
Well said Carolyn. :D

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
ROFLMBO....I'm sorry...can't help it....Hope it all came out!

I got this mental image of a guy hunched over a wicker couch...psycho butter knife in hand...hehehe

I'M SICK...I NEED HELP....ROFLMBO

·
TammyBob
6,981 Posts
Playdoh is a no no here.Katie got some for Christmas(from her teacher) and it's in the same place it was when she came home from school..on top of the bookcase LOL!! Poor child has looked at this for 7 months and can't touch it. I'm such a bad mommy.

I may let her take it outside oneday but once she's done playing with it,I'm throwing it away lol

·
Registered
5,500 Posts
I must be a wierd mom. I dont mind ds and dd playing with it, but it HAS to be done at the kitchen table. Other than it being dropped on the floor, I have never had any real problems with it.

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
I never had any trouble with playdough with ds. We don't have a kids play table so i spread out a vinyl table cloth I spread out under the coffee table. I put the table cloth down too for when he paints too.:)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts