Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are so proud of him!! He even received a scholarship to attend college. He has opted on attending a trade school and is going to be working toward a welding degree. He loves sports and would love to play football for a jr. college, but he told us that he would rather go and learn a trade that will support him. He also said that if he went to college to play sports, then he would probably not do as well with his academics. Smart kid! I hate to say it, but he is probably right. DS#2 has been in the special ed. program since 1st grade. He has struggled all his life with his academics, but he made it! When they finally mainstreamed him in the 10th grade, I panicked. I wasn't sure he would be able to perform the same work as the other students. He proved us wrong and did very well.....and now is a high school graduate. WOOHOO!!

Just goes to show you, that you should never, ever give up on any child. They can do things that we can't even imagine them accomplishing.

Reactions: nuisance26

·
Registered
7,747 Posts
That is wonderful. Having a special needs son myself this offers me lots of encouragement. Thanks for posting and congratulations!

Reactions: Mom23boys

·
Registered
3,972 Posts
That's just so fantastic! Good job to both him on his success and to you for helping him get there! :hug2:

·
19,119 Posts
Mom23boys - I had chicken skin reading your post!! Congratulations to your whole family on his success!! I always tell the parents of my students that no one, including any expert, can tell them how far their child can go - and your son proved it!! What a wonderful person you've raised!!

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
Congratulations to your son! :dfance:

·
Registered
328 Posts
That is wonderful news! I know you are all proud!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts