Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
4,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just as the baby was crying and dd was grabing at my pant leg, ds announced he was going to kill himself. He was going to get a shotgun from my closet, some shells from the cabinet, and "blow his brains out".

Fortunately a friend of mine works at the department of human services and she was able to direct me. Fortunately the neighbor lady was home. I left the babies with her :)eek: and bottles of formula ...... I'm breastfeeding) Fortunately he was more cooperative than I anticipated and I didn't have to call the Sherrif.

I feel like a terrible mother for letting him get "this bad". I feel like a terrible mother for "leaving" him at the hospital. I feel like a terrible mother for leaving 2 1/2 week old Kevin with the neighbor and formula (but glad I didn't take him with me).

Blake was very honest with the hospital staff, and knows he needs help. He seems so mature for a 10 year old. He has no idea why he feels so worthless. I won't get to see him until this evening.

Thanks ladies.

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
I'm so sorry Karen ! You are a great Mother for taking immediate action when he cried out for help. Please don't feel as if you are not a good Mother, he is really going to need you and you will have to have the knowledge that you are the wonderful Mother he'll need to get himself well again....... Trust yourself, you already took the first big step and that takes a good Mother to recognize............:hugz: :hugz: :hugz: :hugz: Let us know how he and the rest of the family are doing, let us know if we can help !!!!!!

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka AngeleeBob
1,471 Posts
Lori, is right you are a great mother for taking action immediatly. Too many would have ignored him thanking the problem would go away by itself. My thoughts are with you and your family. ((((HUGS))))

·
27,948 Posts
Oh Karen, you are a great mom on so many levels especially for taking quick action in helping your son. You did the best you could in this situation for your other children too. My heart aches for you as he's your baby and something is wrong and you don't know how to fix it. He's in the right place because you love him , and now he will get the help he needs.:hugz:

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
:hugz: Karen. I hope things get better for all of you.

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
Karen, I am so sorry that y'all are going through this. I went through this with DD last year. I have sent you a pm. I will be praying for you and your family.

:hugz: :angel:

·
Registered
3,310 Posts
Oh, Karen! You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers as well.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Karen,you will be in my thoughts and prayers as well.We went through this with my lil sister when she was about 12 or 13.It is very difficult but in NOWAY is it your fault!!!!!!!!! I am so proud of you for standing by him and getting him the help he needs.They will help him!!!Hugssss
Denise

·
Registered
3,440 Posts
karen, hugs to you. you are a wonderful mom. you are doing what you have to do to get him help. and that is what's important. please let us know how things are going.:(

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Oh, Karen...You are a very, very good mom. A courageous mom. A mom full of love for her children.:heartsm: :heartsm: :heartsm: My heart goes to you...I will be praying for your ds and for you and your whole family. You're not alone. We are here for you...

((((((((((hug)))))))))))

Lucie

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
Karen ~ I really don't know what to say that can make a difference. I feel a bit helpless.

I also think what you did was courageous and loving, you and your DS are in my thoughts.

Much love to you and your family
Bev. xxx

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka DixieBob
5,451 Posts
{{{hugs}}} your son and your family are in my prayers. Depression is no one's fault. Suicidal thoughts are part of this horrible disease. You were very wise to seek help. more {{{hugs}}}

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Sending you hugs and prayers, Karen.

·
Registered
5,659 Posts
Karen your son is lucky to have a mother that cares enough to do the right thing and get him help when he needs it. My thought are with you and him both.

·
Registered
4,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I went to see him last night. He's off suicide precautions, homesick, and doesn't like the food. He still has no idea why he feels worthless, etc. The nurse who took care of him yesterday was one of the nurses who got me through my psych rotation in nursing school 10 years ago. That helped me feel better, since I know he is very skilled. I get to go back this morning to talk to the psychiatrist.

·
27,948 Posts
Thanks for the update Karen. Glad he is off precautions and that you have someone you know and respect taking care of him. I'll continue to keep you and your son in my thoughts. :hugz:

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
Karen, I am praying for your son and your family. I am glad you were able to get him the help he needs.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts