Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Horrible - I hope they get home safely soon. It sounds like a poorly planned evacuation that put the marines in a lot of danger. I really hope we don't hear about more hostage incidents like this one but it would not surprise me. :(

Reactions: Dutchie

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Horrible - I hope they get home safely soon. It sounds like a poorly planned evacuation that put the marines in a lot of danger. I really hope we don't hear about more hostage incidents like this one but it would not surprise me. :(
From what I gather from our news, Dutch armed forces (together with other nations) had been in and out picking up stranded foreign nationals from almost the start of the troubles. This was the first time that something like this had happened.
I saw video links of them, it is one woman and two men.

·
Registered
10,987 Posts
IIRC military service is voluntary there like it is in the US, so these boys were doing what they signed up to do, and the danger is part of it. I respect their willingness to put their lives on the line to rescue their fellow citizens from what is turning into a civil war in an already dangerous country.

Fortunately it looks like the political wheels are already turning and they'll be released soon.

Reactions: Dutchie
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.