Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone grow them? How or where can you find them? How big do the get? I need some that can be grown in a flower pot. Any ideas?

thanks,

·
Registered
17,693 Posts
I don't know about a flower pot, but most can be grown in a larger container, say half a whiskey barrel. I have a couple that I grow in Earthboxes.

Most dwarf trees get 6-8 feet high, but can be pruned shorter, if need be, to about 4-5 feet high. Typically, you can find them at your local nursery, which is your best bet because they will carry species that do well in your climate.

Otherwise, many seed catalogues carry them. My favourite is Raintree Nursery.

Citrus does VERY well in containers. I have also had success with the shrubby stuff, like grapes and pomegranates.

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
Depends on what you mean by flower pot, I suppose. In huge pots I have 1 lemon, 1 banana, 1 lime, 1 clementine, and 2 star fruits. Those are all inside right now. Outside in whiskey barrels and the like I have: dwarf combo trees...apples and another is cherries. apricots, mulberry also. In the ground i have everything from peaches to apples to plums and cherries.

logees is a good resource too.

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
oh! and an avacado in a pot too, that though is lookin a little rough...the cat plucked off all it's leaves.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.