baked beans
deviled eggs
rolls
pineapple casserole

dessert ?

ham and all the ingredients are here for it
chicken in the freezer
sweet taters in can in the pantry
have macaroni ( need celery, mayo, cheese)
need slaw mix
have everything for baked beans
need a couple dozen eggs
have rolls
need pineapple and ritz crackers
have pecan pie in freezer, apple pie, and several cake mixes so whatever I choose unless they eat it first...

now to remember to come back here and check my thread...lol

·
Registered
9,291 Posts
We're having chili. In honor of the new hispanic pope.

And maybe some deviled eggs, as there's sure to be a sale that week.

Reactions: oheoh's momma

·
Super Moderator
19,540 Posts
Ooooo, chili and deviled eggs sounds great! Eggs are on sale next week, too! I might have to give that some thought. Chili, deviled eggs, melie (can you serve Jewish food on Easter?) and a simple dessert. Easy to carry over to my mom's and heat up.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Well, it's going to be a food filled weekend for us. Going to the sugar shack on Saturday ( I know, technically, Lent isn't over yet, but I'm a bad catholic) with family from out of town we haven't seen in three years.
Sunday lunch at mil... I'm kind of wishing this goes by fast. Usually the food she cooks I'm really not crazy about, it's too hot im the house and loud. If we're lucky, dh and his sister won't get in an argument together!
Then dinner at my Aunt's place. She is the best cool I know. So, i don't know what we're having, but I can garantee that I'll be stuffed after dinner!!!!
That's beside all the chocolate my mom always buys for us... Better wear my stretchy pants! Lol!

·
Registered
8,935 Posts
Not sure yet. If I can convince DH to travel that weekend, we'll be doing the sugar shack thing with friends. If not - its whatever we feel like making/eating that weekend.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
For starters: cheese, sausage, asst. cheeses, veggie tray, stuffed mushrooms, goat cheese & crackers, black and green olives

Dinner: Honey Bake Ham, potato salad, green bean casserole, grilled asparagus and cauliflower, layered salad, jello salad, fruit salad, rolls, deviled eggs..

Dessert: Pumpkin fluff, cheesecake, lemon bars, cupcakes

Have just about everything I need except the ham, cauliflower and asparagus....will pick that up just few days before....

Hope everyone has a wonderful Easter.....

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
I am working Easter weekend ;(

·
Registered
13,930 Posts
I truly may grill if its nice. I need a good steak and dont feel like a piggy fest. ok dont feel like making one.
Maybe pasta salad
maybe a dessert
LAZY not having small kids takes the pressure off
And having it so close to the St. Patricks sorta mushes things together

·
Registered
5,605 Posts
Hubby cooks Easter dinner ( served at lunch time) he always makes his grandmother's. Ham loaf. There is always deviled eggs. But he tends to play around with the starch, veggies. And dessert.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Will be the first Easter I've had off work in years. I don't need to plan as Easter is always at sil's (my holiday to host is Christmas). Traditionally she will make ham, scalloped potatoes, fresh string beans, corn, olives, pickles, deviled eggs, and some type of birthday cake for her daughter.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Well, the *PLAN* is a turkey breast (from a Xmas turkey in the freezer that I bought on clearance and divided up) and some stuffing from the pantry... and peas, because peas are wonderful and coincidentally traditional... I would like to do baskets and egg hunt with my girls and spend the day relaxing...

What *ACTUALLY* goes down remains to be seen. There's a good chance the rest of the family will call sometime in the next few days and say "so what are the plans for Easter?" Like they do most holidays, expecting that I'll already be plannign for them to come here... And then I'll try something new and tell them what MY plans are... and see what happens... I host most of the holidays because my folks place is too small and cluttered and my sister's place is big enough, but her budget is more limited and I hate to burden her.

I like y'all's idea of a potluck... maybe I'll suggest it (to be held at Sis' house) if we (when) we get the call(s). It's a bit of a drive, but then she could deal with the mess (and keep the leftovers.)

·
Super Moderator
19,540 Posts
Nothing wrong with bringing food to your sister's house, if her place is bigger. It saves you having to clean your place at any rate. I often take the whole meal to my mom's just because it's difficult for her to cook that much at once and also difficult for her to travel to our place.

·
Registered
4,525 Posts
Not planning on making a dinner this year. Usually I have a couple people over but I do not feel like doing that this year. Will be going to another friends home for easter dinner. Basically a potluck so will be fun.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
It is at my MIL appartment this year...but she already mentioned what we will be having...spiral ham,turkey,mashed taters, some Ukrainian goodies, devilled eggs, and buns or paska(ukrainian easter bread).

·
Registered
5,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
For starters: cheese, sausage, asst. cheeses, veggie tray, stuffed mushrooms, goat cheese & crackers, black and green olives

Dinner: Honey Bake Ham, potato salad, green bean casserole, grilled asparagus and cauliflower, layered salad, jello salad, fruit salad, rolls, deviled eggs..

Dessert: Pumpkin fluff, cheesecake, lemon bars, cupcakes

Have just about everything I need except the ham, cauliflower and asparagus....will pick that up just few days before....

Hope everyone has a wonderful Easter.....
Peg It alll sounds yummy, I want to come to your house..lol

·
Registered
5,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ooooo, chili and deviled eggs sounds great! Eggs are on sale next week, too! I might have to give that some thought. Chili, deviled eggs, melie (can you serve Jewish food on Easter?) and a simple dessert. Easy to carry over to my mom's and heat up.
why not it sounds lovely.....hugs

·
Registered
3,760 Posts
Y'all got me thinking about it and this was the email I just sent off to my hubby:

What were you planning?

I would absolutely positively love a roast chicken dinner with mashed potatoes, sugar carrots, stuffing, gravy and yorkies.

In fact, if you could have that ready when I get home, I'd be very grateful. :p

1 - 20 of 34 Posts