Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found a Easter Dress (fancy church dress) for Little Miss At a church garage sale ( unusual for them to occur at this time of year)

She wanted a more grown up fancy dress. I found this compromise.

It is cream with ruching in the bodice, empire waist with a black ribbon around it with a rhinestone clip as the "belt".
It has a mock (built in)black velvet shrug. The satiny cream material is overlayed with a sheer cream material that has sparkly "rhinestone" polka dots.

The dress falls an inch below her knees. She will be able to wear her black dress shoes she already has.

So beautiful. Still a a world of different from her gingham jumper with rick rac she picked out last Easter. What a difference a year makes.

Easter outfit 75 cents.

·
Registered
5,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)

·
Registered
7,747 Posts
Wow! It's beautiful!!! And 75 cents! Unbelievable!!!

Reactions: imagine

·
19,119 Posts
What a beautiful dress and such an amazing deal!! And you are teaching how to dress with style!! Your little girl is growing up with good taste - thanks to Mom!! Congrats!!

·
Registered
382 Posts
One thing you have to know Imagine, is that one reason you found the deal is because it is the first part of Feb and you are already looking for an Easter dress. Most people have not thought that far ahead. Its really a whole new concept/way of shopping for some people. That is one reason they dont get deals is because they wait till the last min. run to Walmart and buy whatever they have in stock and then pay full price because they feel they dont have a choice. You inspire me imagine to think of things like this in a whole new way.
I already decided this morning on halloween cotumes for my kids and now I will be able to start looking for those pieces throughout the year and get them cheap I bet :) Normally I would start in sept or first of oct.
Thanks for the inspiration and the whole new concept for me :)

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
What a beautiful dress and a great find, .75 cents wow! Your little princess will look lovely, I am sure of it.

·
Registered
5,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yes, the originally priced $55 dollar dress pictured is the one I bought for 75 cents at the rummage sale. You do find deals of the century at Church rummage sales as they tend to just have a master price list. Like children dresses 75 cents children shirt 50 cents Adult shirts $1 book 10 cents etc. instead of individual pricing for items they think are worth more.

There was plenty of nice clothing there as well as many other things. One friend showed me a Hollister jacket with the Hollister name on the front. According to her that is a big name that the girls are into her girl is a few years older than Little Miss. I think that would have been 75 cents too. I passed on it. We aren't in need of any currently fit jackets right now.

I just bought the dress for 75 cents with the ladies ohing and ahing over such a pretty dress. They asked if I was buying it for my daughter.

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
Great find imagine! She will look precious in it. :)

·
Registered
687 Posts
Beautiful dress!! My daughter is 9, (just turned 9) and she would LOVE it! Great price. WOW

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.