Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
27,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are you doing for Easter? Any special plans?

No special plans here except for a nice spring time dinner. I think a ham & some asparagus will find it's way onto the menu. :lemon:

·
Registered
6,281 Posts
was invited to 3rd cousins place. boiled ham, scallop potatoes .

·
Registered
626 Posts
I have no clue yet. I have picked up a few things for the boys baskets and my little one wants me to make the bunny cake that was posted here, but other than that we have no specific plans yet.

·
Registered
4,726 Posts
Nothing set in stone yet. The kids will get their Easter presentas when they wake up. I am thinking about heading down to the beach for that weekend. However, will just have to wait and see.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Easter falls on my ds/s birthday this year and he wants to go to the renaissance (sp) fair, so that is our plan. I will probably make our ham dinner the day before, and the kids will get their easter baskets before we go to the fair.

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
Easter dinner at my sil's house :)

·
Registered
570 Posts
I'm making a ham dinner for 11 people Sunday night since my sister works that day at the hospital. I'm just making ham, cheesy potatoes and rolls and let everyone else bring the rest like drinks and dessert and salads.

·
Premium Member
9,446 Posts
Going to my mom's for dinner. I'm bringing my rolls, fruit salad, and devilled eggs.

·
27,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Change in plans here. Dd is having a 2pm dinner with her boyfriend & his family and then they are coming here. In order to not force them into another big dinner we are altering our plans to make grilled burgers & potates fried in the grill pan. How Easter like!:laugh:

·
Registered
9,412 Posts
No special plans for us, just to stay home and eat here.. a small dinner for just 3 of us since oldest DS will be at his GF's house and middle DS isnt home until October.

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
I will be working Saturday night, Sunday night and Monday night, so no plans for me. I think that DH will be going to his parents for dinner and I guess my kids will all be at their significant others or at my Moms. I am a horrible mother this year because I did not even realize that Easter was this Sunday until this past weekend :yikes: .

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
Going to my parents house. Usually I like everything to be at my house, but this time I'm glad it's not. I've been beat. Not sure what I'm bringing yet besides the baked ziti. I usually do Easter Bread and all the deserts even when it's not at my house. Might do the three color cookies.

·
Registered
547 Posts
We will be having different family members over at noon and then who ever comes and or stays my kids 9-11-12 put on an egg hunt about 2 or 3 that afternoon. Many great nieces and nephews along with a couple of friends hunt for the eggs, about 15 of them. My kids have a blast doing this!!

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Easter's not really a big thing for me, but one of my friends has an Easter Brunch for us each year, so I'm going there.

·
Registered
4,726 Posts
Most likely we will sleep in late, have breakfast that morning. Then we will spend the afternoon at baseball practice for DS.

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
My family and I are going out for Easter Brunch at a hotel that serves one each year. My mom pays for all of us, which is really nice of her. The food is great and I love to eat the breakfast foods and fresh fruit they make and then sample several desserts.

·
Registered
14,689 Posts
If weather permits we're having Gripey's mom and brother, my dad and our oldest daughter here for ham, beans, salad, baked potatoes and red velvet cake. :D If weather does not permit, the above will be served to Gripey, Dad and myself ;).

·
Registered
419 Posts
We are having dinner at our house. It will be dh and myself, our 2 ds and their girlfriends, my mother, plus 3 friends and 2 kids. My cousins may stop by for desert. My dh likes to cook (but not clean up), so he will do most of the cooking. Heres the menu so far it is subject to change.
Cold shrimp cocktail
Grilled Leg of Lamb
Asparagus
Some kind of potatoes
desert.(havent figured it out yet) put there will a Riccotta cheese pie.

·
Registered
674 Posts
well, after the early morning services, my hubby and kids and I are going to Gatlinburg, TN :) I booked the cabin on accident on Easter but we'll still make it to church regardless.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts