Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to make a meal for my wife this wknd and was wondering if I could get some input.

I want to bbq chicken breasts (I am going to marinade them over night in the fridge in Guy Ferriri's bbq sauce).

I am stuck on healthy sides that are easy to make - any suggestions?

:lip:

·
Registered
694 Posts
Rice
Home fries
Salad
Mashed potatoes
Roasted veggies
Steamed veggies

That's nice to make your wife supper. I'm sure she'll appreciate it. :)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Rice
Home fries
Salad
Mashed potatoes
Roasted veggies
Steamed veggies

That's nice to make your wife supper. I'm sure she'll appreciate it. :)
Thanks.
I was thinking sweet potato fries and steamed vegies - nice and healthy.
Problem is we don't have a steamer.

·
Registered
9,300 Posts
Sweet potato fries from a bag (frozen) just follow the instructions. Yes you can make them from scratch but not a job for a novice cook.

Tear up a head of lettuce and add tomato and cucumber to make salad. Or just buy a bag of mixed salad lettuce. Some of them even include croutons and a packet of dressing.

I would not marinade the chicken overnight. That's too long. Just grill it and brush with sauce, keeping the flame low so it doesn't burn.

Potato salad: The Original Potato Salad

fruit salad: cut up 1 apple, 1 peeled and seeded orange, 1-2 cups strawberries and 1 banana. Feel free to use other fruit you like, such as pear, grapes, pitted cherries, canned pineapple chunks, peaches,etc. Gently stir in 1 small container of vanilla yogurt.

Pickles are a nice side item to serve with summertime food like grilled chicken.

·
Registered
156 Posts
If you are bbqing the chicken, on a grill - wrap the veggies in foil with seasoning and toss them on the grill too... so tasty

·
Registered
67 Posts
I am sure whatever you made was great. I always appreciate it when my husband grills for me, no matter what we eat.
FYI there are ziploc steamer bags which you can use to steam veggies in the microwave, they work great for veggies and fish as well.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ended up getting invited out last night with friends so going to make this eve. :chug:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts