Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Thanks, I will do this... I have been looking for one of these patterns to knit but could not figure it out and I hope i can do this one.

·
Registered
7,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, I will do this... I have been looking for one of these patterns to knit but could not figure it out and I hope i can do this one.
I'm not very good at knitting, and I can do this - as long as you get the concept of short row shaping, you'll do fine.

·
Registered
960 Posts
(disclaimer: I don't knit; it's on my long list of things to learn.) But are you knitters and crocheters really able to use something so pretty as a dishcloth?

·
Registered
7,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
(disclaimer: I don't knit; it's on my long list of things to learn.) But are you knitters and crocheters really able to use something so pretty as a dishcloth?
I do! I love knitted dishcloths for washing dishes, and the smaller/lighter ones for spoiling myself in the shower! I'll not go back to terrycloth ones any time soon.

·
Registered
236 Posts
That is why I taught myself crochet and knitting so I could make dishcloths to use (could not find them anywhere.... )
Some of my friends and family I gave them to dont want to use them they are to pretty... I said that is what makes doing dishes easier a pretty dishcloth.... I can always make more...

·
Registered
236 Posts
I'm not very good at knitting, and I can do this - as long as you get the concept of short row shaping, you'll do fine.
that is what i am having a prob with... but this one says to leave a stitch on and the last one i tried didnt they asumed i knew... I tried several bazilion times and couldnt figure it out... and could not find a online video of how to either... grrr
hope this one works for me i love the pattern.

·
Registered
7,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yep - you leave one on and turn. Then slip the first stitch of the next row -- each row you leave one more stitch on before you turn. . . so each row you are knitting gets shorter and shorter, until you get to row 24, when you knit all the stitches you'd skipped.

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
Thanks for the link!! Love this one!!

·
8,714 Posts
~Oh it's so pretty! I haven't progressed past the simple Grandma's pattern but I want to try this one.
Guess I'll have to watch some more videos. :D
Knitted dishcloths are the best. Nothing works better or feels so nice to use. :thumb: ~

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
very pretty I wish I could knit but I'm a lefty!

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
my mom learned to knit from a lefty and shes a righty..u can learn too

·
Super Moderator
19,540 Posts
Lots of lefties knit! Here's one video:
There are lots more on YouTube and other instructions elsewhere. Don't be shy, give it a try!

·
Registered
236 Posts
yep - you leave one on and turn. Then slip the first stitch of the next row -- each row you leave one more stitch on before you turn. . . so each row you are knitting gets shorter and shorter, until you get to row 24, when you knit all the stitches you'd skipped.
Ow that makes sense... so what is it talking about in the begining about the edging? that confuses me also
thanks for explaining...

·
Registered
7,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Which part of the beginning?

On the one row, you cast on a stitch, then immediately bind it off- that forms the picot.

On the other row, you slip the first stitch (that pulls the picot more to a point), then knit one stitch - then yarn over (this forms the lacy, open portion) and then knit the next 2 stitches together (so you end up with the same amount of stitches in the row)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts