Frugal Village Forums banner

Easy, yet different dishcloth pattern

2K views 19 replies 10 participants last post by  sunshine 
#1 ·
#6 ·
(disclaimer: I don't knit; it's on my long list of things to learn.) But are you knitters and crocheters really able to use something so pretty as a dishcloth?

#9 ·
That is why I taught myself crochet and knitting so I could make dishcloths to use (could not find them anywhere.... )
Some of my friends and family I gave them to dont want to use them they are to pretty... I said that is what makes doing dishes easier a pretty dishcloth.... I can always make more...

#11 ·
yep - you leave one on and turn. Then slip the first stitch of the next row -- each row you leave one more stitch on before you turn. . . so each row you are knitting gets shorter and shorter, until you get to row 24, when you knit all the stitches you'd skipped.

#20 ·
Which part of the beginning?

On the one row, you cast on a stitch, then immediately bind it off- that forms the picot.

On the other row, you slip the first stitch (that pulls the picot more to a point), then knit one stitch - then yarn over (this forms the lacy, open portion) and then knit the next 2 stitches together (so you end up with the same amount of stitches in the row)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.