Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Thank you for the article. It opened my eyes. It amazes me that FDA wants to inject the product and don't want to face the reality that it could cause more harm to humans. I already gave up red meat in september. For some reason I just kept thinking it was causing problems with my stomach. Plus I get kidney stones and you shouldn't eat red meat if you do have them.
I can say I see a huge difference. For the last 3 months I have had no problems with my stomach or any kidney stones. Maybe its just my body, I'm not sure. I mostly eat turkey, ground turkey, fish, some pork and chicken.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Thank you for the article. I also have not eatten red meat in several months, I have started to cut back on chicken and pork. My goal by the end of 07 is to cut out all chicken, pork, and turkey as well. I think it is scary how much is in our food that we don't know about.

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Very informative.We purchase all beef and pork from a friend, so we know what they are given. However, the health risks linked to meat consumption are well known.(especially red meat.)My husband will never give it up. I try to use portion control.I limit my own personal consumption.My uncle was an inspector for the Dept. of Ag and the one meat that he refused to touch was chicken.I lay low on that too.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I have not eaten red meat in exactly eleven years this month. It took me a little longer to stop white meat, as I ate it when I was expecting my son (he is 9). I will never, ever eat red meat again...

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
It makes me want to become a vegetarian. My fiance is a meat eater though, and I crave it sometimes, at least a big mac! It would be healthier to stay away from meat though.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
I have been buying Braum's beef products. They are not overly processed and you can taste the difference. My goal is to buy from one of our friends this fall.

I stopped eating chicken except on occasion when my gastro doctor told me stop eating it with my reflux and ulcer. He was a strict Hindu, but he told me to eat only beef and some pork, but to stay away from chicken. He didn't consider it food. I can always tell when I've had one too many grilled chicken breast or chicken anything during the week. Even my dh doesn't digest chicken very well.

When the NAIS comes into play you may find that virtually all organic or home grown meats will disappear thanks to this legislation. It doesn't protect anyone but the big agribusinesses.

·
Banned
10,457 Posts
Glad I am a vegetarian. I just wish my family would cut back on meat.:sigh:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts