Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay so I would like o start making our own laundry soap and trying to cut down on our expenses in life and everything else! My dilema is my youngest son has eczema really bad we have to use all free and clear, does anyone have any exerience with this situation I wanna try to make it but don't wanna get stuck if I can't use it with him! Thanks so much! =):thumb:

·
8,714 Posts
~My dd has always required free & clear detergents for her sensitive skin. We switched over to homemade detergent almost 3 months ago and there have been no reactions. I think her skin looks better actually!
I made 1/5 of a batch so I wouldn't get stuck so try it out and see for yourself!~

·
Registered
669 Posts
In the days of the SOviet Union I had a relative who had terrible eczema, we sent all kind of things to try to help The thing that helped her the most was plain old Ivory soap. I still swear by it.

·
Premium Member
3,524 Posts
I have exzema and make/use hm laundry detergent. In place of the fels naptha or zote, I grind up two bars of ivory bar soap. Works great, and doesn't bother my skin like most of the commerical laundry detergents do!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts