Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some suggestions for toys that are educational and fun and actually help a kiddo learn letters and phonic recognition. any that your kiddo particularly enjoyed?

looking for something(s) that include:
phonics
letter recognition
good for 5 y/o
somewhat interactive (buttons, lights, music)

My other two got it simply with books and flash cards, but our younger child is a different learner than the first two...any ideas would be helpful. Toys and things that he can interact with seem to be the best for capturing his attention. We read books to and with him...books are the ultimate in interactive toys, but not engaging for all kiddos. So any ideas?

·
Registered
5,605 Posts
My children in enjoyed the reader rabbit computer programs. They are set for different phonics/reading levels.

Reactions: Missy and Nishu

·
Registered
90 Posts
My beginning reader loves his Leapfrog Tag reader. They have a full compliment of phonics books at various levels *check the website). All books have game sections that encourage reading and number or letter recognition. He learns, it's fun, he can do it anywhere, and he can use it independently.

·
Technical Support Sleuth
6,481 Posts

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
have you looked at starfall.com? It' s an educational website that covers phonics, reading and letter recognition. My kid loves it. Plus, it's free.

Both of my kids learned their letters by watching the letter factory videos from leapfrog.

Reactions: Missy

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thank you everybody.

MrsMcD I had something like that for Hannah, but it got destroyed when it fell from the fridge...I can't believe I forgot about that, it was so great! Hers wasn't exactly the same either. I think it was green and blue with a frog standing on the side. I think I will add that to his Christmas list.

Thanks again everyone. I will be looking all these up. And if anyone else has any other ideas, Please share... :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts