Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
DH must have watched TV in bed this morning. I just watched our sheets and the first thing out of the washing machine was the remote control. :eek:   LOL!!

It's very clean. :)

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Hahahaha! :laugh: I've done that. I didn't think it was funny at the time though... :toothy:

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
Rhonda, when you clean, you really clean, LOL. Does it still work?

·
Registered
14,689 Posts
No dirty movies at your house, eh Rhonda:toothy: ? I washed Gripey's wallet the other day....I laundered more than money...there were all sorts of older pics of the kids and important bus. cards......oops.

·
Registered
6,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Kathy, I'm not sure if it still works. I took the batteries out and I've got it sitting on the window sill. I don't know if it will dry out and still work. OOOOOOOO, fancy if we have to change the channel by hand! They did that in the pioneer days, before remotes. ;)

Lisa, you an I would make a formidable cleaning team.

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
Uh oh! I hope it works. I can't imagine having to get up, walk across the room, and turn the channel by hand. :toothy: How luxuries have spoiled us!

·
Registered
139 Posts
My husband once knocked my parent's remote off of the sofa and into his coke, and it still worked. Maybe you'll get lucky too.

·
Registered
6,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
YAY - it worked! DH came home while I was making the bed. I asked him to try new batteries, thinking all the time they wouldn't work, but they did! You could have blown me over with a feather. We now have the cleanest remote in the country. :)

We have an Asko front loading washing machine, the remore control friendly brand, and the remote lasted a full regular cycle. The TV and remote are JVC. :cool:

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
I am glad it works. You are really a lean mean cleaning machine Rhonda, LOL. There won't be any dust bunnies hiding in your remote control. :)

·
Registered
8,653 Posts
Glad the remote works, did it smell like the rest of the laundry :toothy:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts