Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
I truthfully don't see any of that in my future ( nor do I want to ).

·
Registered
374 Posts
Me either, I'm sorry but I only know a few people that can afford to go to vacation spots close to home let alone the places listed.

·
27,948 Posts
Don't think I'll be going to any of those places but never say never. On a lighter note, nobody wants to see my belly, dance.;)

·
Registered
9,412 Posts
You wont see me at any of those places too just couldnt afford it.

·
Registered
708 Posts
LOL Darlene! I feel the same way!

About the only place I'd really like to see on that list is Mongolia...the other places listed are too hot or too crowded for me. If you did have a place you've been that you recommend to others, where would it be?

I'd have to say....go to Las Vegas and play the penny slots up and down the Strip. It's great value for your money (who can beat 100 plays for a buck?) and there's something soul-satisfying about seeing how far you can stretch a dollar in the middle of one of the the most wasteful cities in North America.

·
Registered
616 Posts
I've been to Paris, Austin, Mexico and the Bahamas but I wasn't lingerie shopping, belly dancing, celebrating poweful women or looking for mermaids.:huh:

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
DH and I did #1 two years ago. We stayed in Kona on the Big Island. I've also been to New York, but haven't done the belly dancing....lol

·
8,714 Posts
~I personally think you could discover alot more about yourself by working in an orphanage in Africa or handing out food to the homeless in an American city. Can't believe people get paid to travel and then write and recommend this kind of baloney.~

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
I haven't been to any of those places, but I have done belly dancing. It was alot of fun. When I can afford the classes I'll be doing it again.

·
Premium Member
3,714 Posts
Nope, I haven't done any of them. I have BEEN to the Hawaiian Volcanoes and been to Moscow, but that about covers it.
Not feeling like I am missing out on any of it, either!

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
I have been to Hawaii , mexico, and paris! I do plan to travel more when the girls are older.. Going to those places doesnt have to be expensive and their are ways to rais funds to travel. .

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
I don't want to go to any of those places............ I've been to mexico, and Japan......... I would rather take my grandkids to see the Giant Redwoods ... spend some time in Spearfish, SD. I am not into exotic places........
Fern

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
None of these would be on my list of vacation spots either.

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
i have been to hawaii (course i was 2 at the time, lol)

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
I have been to Hawaii , mexico, and paris! I do plan to travel more when the girls are older.. Going to those places doesnt have to be expensive and their are ways to rais funds to travel. .
I agree-I like to travel and we do it on the cheap. We go during off-season, pick whatever hotel is cheapest (we spend most of our time exploring and only sleep and bathe in the hotel) and bring lots of food so we only go to restraunts for a meal a day. Then again, we don't have kids and England has some good discount airlines. Travelling around isn't for everyone-I think me and DH must have some gypsy in us :)

I do agree that it is expensive to travel from the states to most places, that's why we only started travelling when we got here. However, when we do go back stateside, we're going to try to see more of America-considering it's my country, I've only been to 10 states.

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
No urge to do most of these things. I lived in Hawaii when I was a kid and I would like to go back there some day with my DH. Belly Dancing outside of the privacy of my own home at 46? No Thanks!

·
Registered
7,746 Posts
My favorite vacation spot is home! I love time off work just to nest. But if I traveled, which I don't enjoy at all, it would not be to these places. I did go to Mexico when I was in college, but was more interested in the pyramids and mummies than in powerful women. And it wasn't a happy trip. I was traveling with a friend in VW delivering her neice and nephew, 8 and 10, who foght constantly in the back seat (inches away). We left Dallas and by San Antonio they were asking if we were nearly there. "No. It's 1300 miles. Sit down and stop hitting her!" And we had major car trouble in the middle of the desert coming back. No. Give me a nice vacation in my living room any day!

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
I have been to San Francisco and New York, but I don't think I did any belly-dancing while I was there. I did get to the top of one of the World Trade Center towers (this was of course before 9/11/2001) it was AWESOME! Maybe even better than belly dancing, IMHO.

·
Registered
3,760 Posts
lol I've never known anything outside of the Maritimes. I thought flying to the airport in Toronto was a big step! :crackup:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts