Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My latest order of elderberry tea just arrived yesterday. I get it from a website called Vermont Country Store. I've had a couple of people try it but they seem to be put off by the slight aftertaste. I've gotten used to it and try to drink some daily since the blend I get is basically black tea with elderberry flavoring. All the same, I haven't had as many colds as in the past since I started drinking it last year.

So has anyone else tried it? Does anyone else have links to other brands of elderberry teas?

·
Registered
4,367 Posts
I've tried an elderberry tea before, not from Vermont Country Store (although I know of them), but from the store. I didn't realize it had immune properties!

I am not put off by the aftertaste, since I had a grandma that made elderberry wine, pies, muffins, etc. I always loved the taste.

I may get some more if I see it, and see if I can ward off viruses. (After having THE worst flu I've had in years, just the last couple of weeks). Thanks!

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've tried an elderberry tea before, not from Vermont Country Store (although I know of them), but from the store. I didn't realize it had immune properties!

I am not put off by the aftertaste, since I had a grandma that made elderberry wine, pies, muffins, etc. I always loved the taste.

I may get some more if I see it, and see if I can ward off viruses. (After having THE worst flu I've had in years, just the last couple of weeks). Thanks!
Yeah, elderberries apparently have Vit. C. I used to get a cough/cold at least once a year but I haven't really had one (that I noticed) this year. The only things I know I've been doing different are eating a little better and drinking elderberry tea in the morning at work.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.