Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I try really hard not to waste electricity, no one is home from about 8:30AM till 4:00PM during the week which helps. My electricity usage bill is only $21.72 monthly but there is a charge on here for $27.36 for Standard offer service. That's more then what I use for electricity. What is that?

·
Technical Support Sleuth
6,481 Posts
My guess is that it is a monthly service charge for making electric service available to your home.

I would verify that with your service provider.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
708 Posts
i live in maine to....

and as far as i know there are two main suppliers for the state unless things have changed....I cant imagine having an electric bill at $50....we use over $200 a mmonth...the company we have to use charges one is the electricity and one is to supply it to you...

QUOTE=Stacia;1615376]I try really hard not to waste electricity, no one is home from about 8:30AM till 4:00PM during the week which helps. My electricity usage bill is only $21.72 monthly but there is a charge on here for $27.36 for Standard offer service. That's more then what I use for electricity. What is that?[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
and as far as i know there are two main suppliers for the state unless things have changed....I cant imagine having an electric bill at $50....we use over $200 a mmonth...the company we have to use charges one is the electricity and one is to supply it to you...

QUOTE=Stacia;1615376]I try really hard not to waste electricity, no one is home from about 8:30AM till 4:00PM during the week which helps. My electricity usage bill is only $21.72 monthly but there is a charge on here for $27.36 for Standard offer service. That's more then what I use for electricity. What is that?
[/QUOTE]

I live in an apartment, no washer and dryer, no dishwasher, I have a coffee maker which I use on the weekends. I cook most my meals in the crock pot instead of the stove and use 40 watt light bulbs. I really don't watch much TV, only for a couple hours at night and on the weekends. My kids don't watch much TV either although my son has his PS3 on a lot. When I leave in the morning I make sure everything is off. My bill is usually right around $50.00 total.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I pay about $8.00 a month for Netflix live streaming. (Instead of $70.00 a month for cable)

$50.00 for electricity

And my phone and DSL are about $80.00 a month. But i'm going to buy the Magic Jack Plus and cut out the land line phone. So It will be about $50 a month for just DSL

·
Super Moderator
2,130 Posts
our bill is around $30 a month - the only big electric things we have is fridge and freezer. Again, we have a $10 "monthly charge" that you have to pay even if you use NO electricity.

Before you get Magic Jack, look into using Google Voice. - it is totally FREE to US and Canada. No monthly fees, nothing. And you get a separate phone number to use if you want to be anonymous, like in classified ads.

We have not had long distance service for years now, all we use is GV.

·
Registered
708 Posts
love love love how determined you are...

i love reading about peoples determination...it give me motivation that i so need.///

Reactions: Stacia

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
our bill is around $30 a month - the only big electric things we have is fridge and freezer. Again, we have a $10 "monthly charge" that you have to pay even if you use NO electricity.

Before you get Magic Jack, look into using Google Voice. - it is totally FREE to US and Canada. No monthly fees, nothing. And you get a separate phone number to use if you want to be anonymous, like in classified ads.

We have not had long distance service for years now, all we use is GV.
I will look it up now, thanks so much!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts