Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK time for another payment into the emergency fund. Who has put in their money for the month?

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
Thanks for the reminder to update!! I had forgotten...:eek:

There has been a lot of activity in my E fund last month-all going in YAY!!

I opened accounts for each of my dks at ING, so I got a $10.00 bonus for each of those accounts. That was an extra $40.00 in.

My auto-transfer of $75.00 will go on the 15th.

Next...

·
Registered
341 Posts
I'm a little behind posting too. I've added $150.00 and $1.17 interest for the first quarter. My fund is now $1462.75:)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Wow - you ladies are doing awesome! This is something I need to work on this year. I've got about $1800 in my account, but my car is getting old and I'm either going to have a car repair emergency or a car shopping emergency real soon. :(

Halo - did you really get a bonus from ING for opening accounts for your kids? Do they live at home? If so, that's something I should try.

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
gardengirl~ Yep sure did-I just made them primary with me as joint owner. As long as they are primary, and don't already have and ING account or member number, they get a $25.00 bonus and you get $10.00!! So all together "we" made $140 off of ING this month ;) (I opened 4 accounts)

edited to add-Yes they live with me at home, I used the same email addy and mailing address as mine.

My regular deposit was withdrawn from my checking account to day and should show up at ING in the next couple of days, I will update my balances then!!

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
Go for it!! I couldn't believe it when I was told that!! I tried it and it worked like a charm!!! Easy money!!
edited to add (again)
I don't like the way the above sounds!! LOL Sounds like I am trying to get "away" with something, but it is all perfectly acceptable to ING, as long as they are new customers, and do not have an existing acocunt there.
I thinks its a nice bonus and the kids were excited to see there $25.00 sign up bonus go in to their account. :D

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So who else has made their emergency fund deposit? Don't give up! It is really worth it. It is the only way I have been able to save money after all these years!

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I was wondering, anyone out there who had an emergency fund and grateful to have it when hard times came? Did you have to learn the hard way? I guess I did. I was off sick for a year a didn't have enough cash saved in the bank. If it happens again I will be more prepared!!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts