Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know it's the end of the year, but I'd like to start an emergency Fund challenge.
Anyone care to join me?
I've started with $60
I'm going to try to deposit something into it every Tuesday on payday.

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
Hey I would love to join you! My goal this year (2018) is to fully fund my emergency fund!

·
Registered
955 Posts
I'm willing to contribute a bit, but it will be small as I am currently focused on paying off our windows we just installed.

But I do want to up my emergency fund a bit. I'll set a goal to get it to $5K in 2018.

Reactions: larabelle

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
I was able to add $100!!! :vs_love:
I am keeping Christmas small/frugal this year so hopefully fingers crossed I will be able to add more this month! But if not then I happy with the $100.

Date Stamp: ( Just for my benefit to remind me that I am making some progress)
Began Nov 2017~800
Dec 1, 2017 ~ 900 ( Slowly plugging along) :pblow:

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
I was able to add another $100 :vs_love:!!!
So total $1000.:glasses:

Reactions: Contrary Housewife

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
Well Murphy hit! :surprise:
But not too awful bad ( loss of $300) So currently at $700. I can be happy for that and welcome in 2018 with that balance! God is good!

·
Registered
9,412 Posts
I don't know if this would count as an emergency fund but I want to deposit $250 every 2 weeks into my savings.

·
Registered
3 Posts
May I join?
I can't deposit anything until Tuesday as that's my pay day.

I'll only be putting £40 away as I'm going to pay my fiance £100 (which would have gone into emergency fund) as I owe him £404.00 which is half of the ps4, our new tv and washing machine. I want to pay him as soon as possible because the funds came from his car&driving lessons fund .

·
Registered
3,488 Posts
Would like to join but in a different type savings.

I finally started a Christmas fund for the first time ever but could use it for the EF if I chose too..there is $200 in there from Jan with $150 added each month automatically on the 21st of each month until Feb.

I really need to add to my EF to get it back to where it was 4-years ago.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I was going to save for our wedding but there are other savings I feel like I should reach first before throwing ourselves into more financial worries, not that we have any now , I'm just scared that I'll put money towards the wedding when I'd need £200 to help pay a bill as I've lost some pay due to illness. I defiantly think we need a financial cushion before the expensive stuff!

I renamed the wedding account to "emergency fund" and have deposited some other money into it.
My total is £286.17 (29%) completed of £1,000

·
Registered
9,567 Posts
Good for you for focusing on the EF right now. If you can't pay your current monthly bills, you can't afford a big wedding party. I know it's what you want, but you don't need to have a big fancy party to get married. And you don't want to start married life with big debts from catering services or limo rental. Save your money to enjoy the rest of your marriage, not just the one day of your wedding.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I am wondering how everyone did with the challenge? If you all would like to start one for 2019 I’d love to join. My real goal would be to get 3 months living expenses saved.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts