1/2 c. finely chopped onion
2-8 oz. cans tomato sauce
1 T. chili powder
1 t. sugar
1/2 t. cinnamon
1/8 t. cloves​
Serves:
Directions:
Combine all ingredients in a heavy saucepan. Heat to boiling. Reduce heat and simmer ten minutes, stirring occasionally.​

·
Super Moderator
19,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You're welcome! It's pretty good. I've been making it for decades.

Forgot to add, for those who prefer a hotter sauce, just add ground cayenne or Tabasco sauce or other hot sauce to taste.

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Seriously, where is the recipe? I have a feeling I'm supposed to look somewhere else but I don't have a clue where.

Reactions: Early Bird

·
Registered
8,935 Posts
Seriously, where is the recipe? I have a feeling I'm supposed to look somewhere else but I don't have a clue where.
When the village went through some changes, the ingredient & quantity portion disappeared. Unfortunately they won't be coming back.

Perhaps Spirit Deer can re-post the quantity and ingredient portion again? I'd be interested in the recipe as well as I'd love to be able to make my own sauce vs buying canned.

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Thank you! I hate paying the prices at the store, I'll try this in my next recipe.

·
Super Moderator
19,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You're welcome! I hope you like it.

Don't forget you can make it hotter to taste by adding ground cayenne or hot sauce.

·
Registered
8,935 Posts
:hero:

Enchilada Sauce

2 cans (8 oz.) tomato sauce
1 T. chili powder
1 t. sugar
1/2 t. cinnamon
1/8 t. cloves

Simmer sauce ingredients 10 minutes.
Thank you! So simple too!! I've only made enchilada's three times but each time I've tried a different brand of sauce and have never really liked them.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts