Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just saw this movie on youtube and it scared me after watching this movie-end of liberty-are we really free or is big brother trying to control all aspects of our lives. i don't know anymore but i know that the world is going to h$%l in hand basket and America is on a path that will take us to a civil war im so scared for my family if you can watch this movie ---hugs to all fv and their familys

·
Registered
4,525 Posts
Marlas, I haven't seen this movie. Not sure if I want to since I can get thinking to much on this topic.

Sometimes I do think about the whole "big brother" watching you idea. Years ago when technology was really beginning to grow and people were questioning the whole "big brother" issue I always thought if you are not doing anything wrong why worry.

Now I can't help thinking that with so many people having a cell phone or camera with the ability to take pictures and broadcast it on the internet for everyone to see that the whole "big brother" issue somehow becomes mute because "we" are now "big brother". Which depending on where you stand on what you are viewing will also dictate how you think about "big bother"

It will be interesting to see where all this new technology leads us in the decades ahead and how society will handle it.

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
have not watched it, but have no doubt we are giving away all out rights and we are NOT really free in this country anymore. It is only going to get worse in the coming years.

·
Registered
5,605 Posts
This is the second time end of Liberty can been posted and chatted about. it was discussed here on FV at this link

http://www.frugalvillage.com/forums/general-chat/135514-end-liberty-video.html

The first time the video was linked with rising prices. Which was strange since only a little bit of rise in food was mentioned.

That aside along with with if we are giving away our liberties or not which would be a political debate, I still see this movie a bit of alarmist movie. They spend lots of time telling and grabbing at every scary thing to show you things are wrong and to scare the viewer.

One small example would be child suspended/expelled for drawing in his notebook. One child in billions this happened to we don't know if there is more to the story or not and if the school relieved it make a mistake or not and let him come back him. And that is just one example in the over hour movie.

There is only a few minutes of solution, which is join or support their cause/group in which the sale is made with fast talk advertisement "you need to do this now pitch".

So I still see this as a commercial for this group using alarmist and fast talk advertisement techniques.

Just my Humble Opinion

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
I haven't watched it. I will say though, I am afraid for my country. Every year there's some different issue, something urgent, something frightening, something that threatens to destroy us (it seems) and something we must put an end to RIGHT NOW.

Immigration, terrorism, Chinese made toys, global warming. Whatever it is, it freakin' terrifies us and it's all we can talk about.

People propose solutions. They're all horrible solutions. More paperwork, more licensing, more inspections, more restrictions, more bureaucracy and more government. It doesn't matter that these solutions violate are rights, expand the role of an already bloated government and continue to bankrupt us. We have to do something, people will say.

And then in a year we'll have forgotten all about it. The lead in our toys, the Mexicans in our restaurants and the nail clippers on our flights will slowly be forgotten about, but the laws that we pass to protect us from these monsters will still be around years from now. We are eroding our own liberties. Blame it on the government if you'd like, but we are all alarmists now.

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
And I know that political debate isn't allowed, so I just have to say in my defense that I made every effort to offend the entire political spectrum equally in the above post.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
To be honest I don't think this a political issue at all.. since it applies equally regardless of which dimwits we elect.

I think this a "how are you going to react to the world around you" issue.

If we allow media (controlled or not) to frighten us half to death about everything to the point where we believe that legislating morality or stupidity will work (and it never has) then WE will continue to vote for people who try to do that. More legislation always equals less freedom, the problem is that it almost never means more security.

Why do we assume that people stupid enough to use a hair dryer in the bathtub would be smart enough to read the tag on the hair dryer cord??

Reactions: mountainbum

·
Registered
80 Posts
Sometimes the groups behind these videos are scarier than the nincompoops in Washington. Remember, Hitler ascended to power by using fear and division to align people against an ineffective German government. Of course, ending up with something a hundred times worse.

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
LIke the above poster has said just keep doing what you are doing, stockpiling, learning new skills, saving money ect. To keep up some of our sanity and a little bit of control that we do still currently have.

Everyone can sense something in the future, how long away we don't know for sure, but the prudent thing would be to do what you can now for putting yourself in a better position if and when something comes along.

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
I haven' watched the video but I understand where it is coming from. I think we need government but there is a lot of stuff we have let the government take over when it really shouldn't have. I think the posters that said to just keep doing what you are doing are right, but sometimes we get slack, I know I have over the past couple of years. However I have come back to my senses and am now taking back responsibility for me and mine and that is what I think America needs more than anything. Anyway, when I have time I will watch the movie. I enjoy watching all aspects of documentaries and getting different opinions.

·
Banned
96 Posts
Don't need to watch it, I think we are all living it!!! Unfortunately this country is done unless drastic changes happen and happen soon! Just take a look around and you'll see it up close and personal.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.