Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live and shop in the land of no doubles, so I only receive face value of the coupon. This total reflects every time I used a coupon in 2011, which includes groceries, health and beauty, eating out, ink for the printer, etc.

Total before coupons - $10,095.50
Total spent out of pocket - $6144.31
Total saved using coupons - $3950.79

39% savings!

OK, so I'm not an extreme couponer like the people like on tv, but I do save my family some money. I hope to lower the out of pocket expense and save more for 2012.

How did you do?

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
hhhmmm....I didn't track what was spent, total, on products...but I did track how much I spent on coupons (newspapers, eBay, clipping services) and what I saved....saved $2068.xx after 'expenses'. That's over $1k more than the year before when I seriously began utilizing coupons! That # also includes drug store 'rewards'. It's hard to get doubles around here, either. Even better, we've got a good stock pile going...if I couldn't buy feminine products, toothpaste, deodarent, shampoo etc for a year (or OTC meds, also) we'd be fine....and all for pennies on the $. Also have a good food stockpile going....plan to increase it as space will allow in this new year.

Good job to you! Maybe I'll hit $3k next year?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts