Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now I havent googled it to death, just started tonight actually but was wondering what other uses do these salts have?

Ive used them to soak my feet to kill germs/bacteria for my ingrown toenail and *touches wood* so far so good! (post surgery)

Do you think once my toe heals I could contine to soak my feet in the salty water as a spa thing? Or is that not a good idea? Plus I read on the bag that you can put it in the bath but do you really want to be soaking your girly parts in it? LOL Is that good for you?

Thoughts and comments on this please.

·
Registered
419 Posts
I havent googled it but I could tell you what my grandmother used it for. She used to bath in it said it soothed sore muscles, and she also used it as a laxitive. I dont know the the ratio of salt to water, but she claimed that is was the best laxitive. to quote her "really cleaned you out" LOL

·
Registered
546 Posts
I put epsom salts in the bath when I'm feeling achy. Just a handful. It really helps.

And you know, most bath salts use epsom salts as a base.

·
Registered
8,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I put epsom salts in the bath when I'm feeling achy. Just a handful. It really helps.

And you know, most bath salts use epsom salts as a base.
^^^
Had no clue whats in bath salts other then salt...LOL...didnt know it was of the epsom varieity! Im a shower gel kinda gal - one who WISHES she had a tub :(

Fanks for the help ladies...I think I may google it more tonight!

LMAO @ 'really cleaning you out' comment!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts