Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you that buy essential oil to add to your homemade laundry detergent, where do you get it?

and how much do you use?

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
rainbow meadow (online)

I buy:
lavender 40/42 16 ounces
orange 16 ounces
pink grapefruit 16 ounces
rose geranium couple of ounces

this is enough for about 4 years. a few drops or a capful in the mop water, or whatever.

i make my own cleaning solutions - a few drops of dish soap in a bucket of water, couple of drops of essential oil and instant cleaning solution. i haven't bought cleaning products in years, exception: the occasional fabuloso.

Reactions: TheRootedNomad

·
Registered
682 Posts
Here is a link to The New England Journal of Medicine talking about using Lavendar Essential Oil and Tea Tree Oil around little boys who haven't gone through puberty yet. Apparently it can spur breast growth :(
http://www.webmd.com/content/article/131/118124

I was glad to have read that because I was using Lavendar on a small pillow I made in my dryer to make my laundry smell good. I was also using Tea Tree Oil to clean my toilets.

Andrea

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
I have been using it in a cleaning solution. I only use a small amount, and don't use the product that often. But my MIL put undiluted TTO on my 4 yr old SS. I freaked out, but I didnt know about this.. I just know it was burning him.

Reactions: TheRootedNomad
1 - 4 of 4 Posts