Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been estranged from two of my four sisters (their choice, not mine) for many years - at least ten. Tonight, a call from another sister. My 29 year old nephew (estrnged sister's only child) has passed away. Just collapsed and died.
So now I will be thrust into several days of close quarters with them. I would really covet your prayers. Ask God to give me wise words, and help me to be sensitive to His leading.
None of my sisters are, to my knowledge, believers. My 81 year old Dad is devastated - he just had lunch with this nephew last week, invitied him to church and nephew was a no-show the next Sunday.
My mother's heart hurts. My head is spinning.
I cannot imagine the pain my sister is in right now.

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
I will be praying for you Mary, sorry about your family situation and loss.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Ten years ago....my brother moved ....3 days after our mother died.... I have never heard from him since that day...but if he were to need me...all he would have to do is pick up the phone...family relationships are complicated...things happen...we think they are such a big deal at the time...years go by and it becomes harder an harder to re connect. Your sister has just had the absolute worst thing happen to her....no parent ever expects to outlive their child and yet here it is happening to her. I hope and pray that this will be a time of healing for all of you and that something good will come out of this tragedy...i'm guessing that your deceased nephew would probably want that to happen.... i know its none of my business...just saying...think about it...

·
19,119 Posts
Sending all involved prayers, hugs and aloha throughout this challenging time for all. Mary, you will do and say just the right things and be appropriate to it all - just by being there is so right. Take care my friend.

·
4,028 Posts
Many hugs to help you and your family through this. Blessings to you.

·
Moderator aka AmyBob
12,041 Posts
Sorry to hear about this...I will be thinking about you and your family. :hugz:

·
27,948 Posts
I'm not a "believer" but I wish you stength, grace and the warmth of a big hug as you deal with such a sad heartbreaking loss.
I'm so sorry this has happened.

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
I have been estranged from two of my four sisters (their choice, not mine) for many years - at least ten. Tonight, a call from another sister. My 29 year old nephew (estrnged sister's only child) has passed away. Just collapsed and died.
So now I will be thrust into several days of close quarters with them. I would really covet your prayers. Ask God to give me wise words, and help me to be sensitive to His leading.
None of my sisters are, to my knowledge, believers. My 81 year old Dad is devastated - he just had lunch with this nephew last week, invitied him to church and nephew was a no-show the next Sunday.
My mother's heart hurts. My head is spinning.
I cannot imagine the pain my sister is in right now.
4 words of advice

hotel room, own car

i have estranged family memebers. don't get trapped in a situation. make sure you have an escape route.

Reactions: mauimagic

·
Registered
226 Posts
Dear Mary, I am so sorry to hear of your tragic loss. I am a believer and I pray that you will be given the strength to get through this hard time facing you. I am praying for your whole family. God works in mysterious ways, just put your trust and faith in him.

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
Mary just remember your sister won't be what you consider normal. A mother carrys thier child under thier heart and when a child dies a piece of thier heart goes missing. We were told when my son died that everyone grieves differently. I do not talk to one of my younger sisters. She did write me a very nice letter. Just remember nobody needs to take any mental or verbal abuse. My kids and sisters tried to keep me busy. They knew how bad I was hurting and still am. If you can't be there for your sister because of problems be there for your parents.
I am so sorry for your loss.
Fern

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Sorry, for your loss. I too hope you will feels Gods strength for you and your family. Bless your heart.

·
Registered
545 Posts
I'm so sorry about your nephew. Sending prayers your way for patience and grace during this trying time.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.