Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought 2 packs of the reeses butter cups to make blizzards with, the freaking size shrunk big time!! Hubby loves his blizzads so this cheaper.

·
Registered
12,986 Posts
Yep. that is true!

And what really gets to ya.......is that they KEEP the same size wrappers so you don't know until you open it and the stupid thing is only HALF FULL!!! :eek:

Don't EVEN buy any snickers...:toothy:.....still the same size wrappers!!! ---they FILL THEM UP WITH AIR-----you open it up and IT IS ONE BITE!!!!!!!!!!!! :yikes:

·
Registered
906 Posts
Sonic also. Upon occasion, we would stop and eat off of the $1 menu - either the chicken sandwich or the frito burrito. We stopped a week ago and both of those were 1/2 the size. The sandwiches went from 3-4 nice size pieces of chicken to 2 wimpy size pieces on a much smaller bun. The burritos were a joke. Even my little guy complained of it being too small. He never finishes anything but ate this in just a couple bites. Their little hands covered up these little burritos. I had to go digging out stuff from the kitchen so they could fill up.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Splurged on a box of Mallomars they are so tiny now what a disappointment. Also Yankee doodles dh favorite

·
Registered
904 Posts
You should buy popcorn! I usually buy the store brand but a few weeks ago I was having guests come over and decided to get Orville's. Not only have they changed the sides of the bottle with more indentations but the dimple on the bottom is a good inch high! The bottle looks like it has the same amount that it aways did too.

I purchased the wal-mart brand and just drizzled some melted choc on it for added flavor.

I understand that either prices must go up or sizes go down, but why don't they just market and package it accordingly? If I want a full sized candy bar I should have that option. Not minatures in full sized packaging.

·
Registered
4,717 Posts
i bought a box of name brand graham crackers a few weeks ago (sorry...i ate the little things and now i can't tell ya who they were)...BUT...they were smaller than they used to be...once again...same size box.....

·
Registered
3,972 Posts
I guess I don't notice since I don't buy many prepackaged foods. I do buy juice boxes and rice krispies bars for DS6, but he doesn't complain.

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
I saw something on the news last night about the price of chocolate candy going up/size going down. I wasn't listening 100%. I think they said something about the price of cocoa.

·
Licence to Kill
3,475 Posts
Yikes...I hadn't noticed! We rarely buy candy...when we do it's the really big sized chocolate bars when they're $1 each. Will have to keep an eye on it...

I wish they'd just make packaging normal...stop faking us out. :(

·
Registered
7,669 Posts
I too understand that prices must go up or sizes down, but some of the packaging is just plain deceptive. Insulting too. How stupid do they think we are? Obviously, pretty stupid.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts