Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i have planend our spring break vacation. we will be going to chicago for 2 days to the museum of science & industry & the to wiscinsin dells for 3 days. we are going to great wolf lodge. my kids are so excited. have you ever been to the wisconsin dells? if so, what else is there to do there besides the great wolf lodge?

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Yep I have been. Live about an hour from there. There are lots of water parks and a large boardwalk with lots of shops and restaurants. Be carefull lots of $$$ to be spent

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
Take a Duck ride if you get the chance. Its a blast!
For those who don't know about The Ducks, its an old miltary amphibious trac. They run on both the land and water, are very noisy but cool. My kids loved it including the large economy one called husband. But be prepared for a chilly ride. Thats a day to day change. Go over towards Baraboo and visit the circus stuff as this is the hoe of Ringling Brothers. Don't know how your time is set up but Frank Llyod Wrights House on the Rock is well worth the side trip.
Enjoy yourselves. If it was after May 1st I'd suggest Old World Wisconsin but they don't open til then. You might also stop at HH Bennett Studio Museum photos are awesome as is the history of photography. Check with the local cheesefactories see who has a tour always educational.

Enjoy!

Laurie in Bradenton

·
Registered
392 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
I second the vote for the Ducks - I've been on it three times. Okay, 3 times is a bit much - but it's still good. :) Water parks are fun... there's a lot of stuff like that around. If you like haunted house type things, there is this upside down white house somewhere there, that is sort of fun. At least my friend and I had fun when we were 18 going through it, laughing a lot and screaming... my mom enjoyed laughing at us. There is so much to do there - you can easily go walk around down town and find something. Check out brochures and online...it'll be fun! I've always really enjoyed my time there (been there often as it is under 6 hours from where my parents live).

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for all your advice. everybody i talk to keeps telling me about "the duck ride"....it must be pretty neat!!! we are so excited about going. thanks again!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts