Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like just throwing in the towel and live.
I try sooooooo hard to make the money stretch and cook meals and
try to keep the lights off and keep the bills down.
I am at my wits end and the bills keep climbing and something else has to be done.
I'm sick of :fence: for nothing.
My nerves are stretched to the very limit and I just want to find a mountain that no one but me can climb and stay there til I die.
Theres not enough chocolate or :coffee3: in the Universe right now to make me in a better mood.
Plus my son is thinking of joining the Marines. He's trying to put me in my grave.:pdoff: :pdoff: :pdoff:
Sorry
Thanks for letting me vent.

·
Registered
9,412 Posts
I totally know how you feel, sometimes I keep thinking that life isnt' fair, we pay for this we pay for that and with all the hard work we do, most often times than not, we have nothing to show for it, but being broke. Prices on the rise, costing us more and more and leaving us with no money in the bank, I mean we work hard, why does life have to be so tough?

My DS is leaving me this summer (August) and going to college, my middle DS comes back in Oct, 3 months shy of his 17th Bday, which means most likely he wont be living here (since his brother isnt around) and then my daughter is growing up so fast (will be 12 when 2nd DS comes home). I mean I always said I couldnt wait till the day the kids moved out but it seems like only yesterday they were still in diapers or learning to walk. :(

I am like you, wish I could go find a torn-down house, live in it and escape everything (I say run-down cause most likely it will be vacant). Reminds me of the movie Hustle & Flow, they made it at such hard times, living in a poor neighborhood, run-down house, etc...

·
8,714 Posts
~Just imagine those bills if you hadn't been so vigilant! Sometimes we let ourselves get lost in our financial goals. Maybe it's time to step back and spend some time doing something you love to do. Everything in moderation. Hope you're feeling like yourself again soon.~

·
Registered
546 Posts
:hugz: I hope things start getting better soon.

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
Just keep on keeping on. Things will eventually get better. Don't give up.

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
I think we all go through down-times, but just think where we'd be if we didn't practice our frugal ways. Living frugally and more simply tends to make me calmer and less stressed. We are making progress even though sometimes it feels like we aren't. Sometimes things are difficult but we have a great support system here and get the encouragement we need to go forward.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
I feel that way too from time to time. I just get so run down from the constant vigilance of every single penny and crunching and re-crunching the numbers to make it work. I have two favorite escapes- a nice hot bath when no one is home and going to the woods or park and just taking in nature. I don't have time to meditate every day so these are my little time-outs to recharge.

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks everyone,
Its making me more stressed out every day. I go to sleep worrying about bills and wake up worrying about bills. Making this stretch and that go farther. now with gas prices and groceries going up. Its making me crazy

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Gotta get mine in here. Got the mountain and a four wheeler for ya here in Va. Take some time for yourself. We all need to take care of ourselves first. If we don't take time and care of ourselves then everything else will fall apart around us. When ever I get really down with all of this I take a cup of hot tea etc. and a book and go sit on the bathroom floor. Close and lock the door. I lean up against the tub and read and sip. I don't think about anything or anyone. I just zone with my book and tea. The bathroom is usually the coolest, calmest room in the house and this works for me
Barbara:read:

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
:hugz: I'm sorry you're going through this tough time. I myself have been there many many times over the years but eventually things do get better. Don't give up.

·
Registered
10,774 Posts
:hug2:I know what you mean! I've been crying all day because my babysitter quit to go find a job. I have one week to find a babysitter! Not an easy task in the state of Florida! Hope things look better soon!

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
You know what helps me in times like this? Sitting down and finding things to be thankful for. Things could be a whole lot worse and truthfully, no matter how bad it seems, there is always someone who has it worse than I do.
Take care of you and be assured that you will make it through this. It's a tough road that you can walk.

·
Registered
3,488 Posts
You know what helps me in times like this? Sitting down and finding things to be thankful for. Things could be a whole lot worse and truthfully, no matter how bad it seems, there is always someone who has it worse than I do.
Take care of you and be assured that you will make it through this. It's a tough road that you can walk.

You took the words right out of my mouth.....

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
I feel this way often lately. MY dollar just wont strech far enough and I just have to keep going. I worry that the next time I go to the store the price of everything will be double.

JUst keep trying and know that you are not alone. One day you will wake up and find money in the bank.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Been there and still going through it. Keep up your spirits and know that all of us are behind you. We have all been there at one time or another and we are here for support. When you feel down just let us know. We will pick you up by your bootstraps and make sure you are okay. Prayers sent your way.:grouphug:

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
Lots of hugs to you!:hug2:

--Michelle

·
Registered
8,935 Posts
I agree with the needing to take time to yourself to relax and get away from these thoughts. Holing yourself up and just having YOU time. Baths, reading, tea, a stiff drink - whatever floats your boat.

There will always be someone worse off then you b/c think about it, they've not gotten as far as you have b/c they're not using the frugal methods you've learned and made your own so that they work best for YOU.

I know money seems like it makes the world go round, but think of all them rich people (or those that appear to be but instead are just in HUGE debt for show) and think about their lives....do you really think they're happy with what they have? All they worry about is what next big ticket item they can put on their credit card and add to their debt, for show. What will outdo the Jones' next door etc. They're missing life going right by them!

We all get down in the dumps and its ok. Just know we're all here to help you through this! :hug2:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts