Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, my cat never goes outside unless I am there standing on the balcony with her. Sure she used to escape sometimes when she was younger. It would freak her out but she still felt the need to do it.

But there are still times that I run around this small apartment calling for her wondering where she is. Thinking I probably locked her in a room or closet. Maybe she is in a drawer. Or what if she escaped and is outside!! Only to see her yawning and climbing out of some hiding place.

Anyone else start panicking and wondering where their pet is?

·
Registered
13,930 Posts
Oh yeah. I have taken in and mostly domesticated some wild kittens but every once in awhile they get a wild hair.
We have a MIL apt built onto our house as an after thought so the bsmt isn't under it. My cat crawled thru the insulation following the furnace ducts and ended up under the MIL apt in the crawl space/footings. Only her!! Three days later,many tears shed and meals missed on my part she popped back up. She was like-what?? Wild cats are used to not eating every day and i don't want to know what creatures she ate in there.lol I was so sure she had run off.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Yes! We were moving from England to Germany and had the cats locked in a bathroom while the movers were packing. One of the movers must have opened the door because at the end of the day, I only spotted 2 of our 3 cats!

I was petrified that he got packed up. So I was looking all over the house and DH walked over to me and told me to go in the kitchen and look up. Buttons somehow got on top of our very tall cabinets!

·
4,028 Posts
When I lived in an old big house in the country I was terrified that one of my more timid cats got out. He found his way into the bathroom closet, through the plumbing access hatch and INTO the space between the outer and inner wall of the old cast iron tub!!! I don't know if he was stuck or just liked the solitude.

Years later a kitten of mine found his way into the utility closet of my apartment as there was a large gap under the door. I was on vacation and my friend was coming in to take care of the 3 cats that I had. She panicked... "he can't get out... I need to slip a dish of water and food under the door... wait, he'll grow and won't be able to get out .... what do I do?" When I got back she filled me in on what happened and I was just roaring. He was able to get in and out on his own and only ran there when her heard her coming in the door. LOL

·
Registered
459 Posts
Oh yes I have just about lost it looking for my cat. I find her in the laundry hamper or cuddling with the dog in his crate, or in DD's dollhouse among the toys. I always have those panic moments because she is always trying to get out when the apartment door is opens.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts