Registered
1,771 Posts
Saved that one to my PC!!
Thanks
Graci

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Very thorough. Thanks for sharing, Rhonda. :)

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
Great article, thanks :)

·
Registered
5,360 Posts
great article, thanks Rhonda!:D

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Great article, I have it saved to the computer.. Thanks Rhonda...

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
This is a really worthwhile link to check out. I've been able to stockpile a lot and it's really helped me out this winter. I rarely have to go to the grocery store, and when I do, it's just for perishable items.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
I didn't see this the first time around. A lot of good information and saved to my favorites list.

·
4,028 Posts
Great article, thank you for posting it. I had to chuckle when I read the following:

Bay leaves, Chewing Gum, Chanting words and Phrases

We receive numerous inquiries asking about exotic treatments to prevent insect infestations in stored grain. In unofficial experiments we have conducted, it was noted that some insects will continue to feed when enclosed in containers with tight fitting lids, even in the presence of these exotic suggestions. We have also concluded that chanting words and phrases fall upon deaf ears. Some consumers have reported on the effectiveness of many exotic treatments. Our investigations have shown these instances to only be effective when no insects were initially present in the food.
I wouldn't have considered putting a stick of tuttifruiti in my oatmeal jar or singing a chant.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts