Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please be extra cautious when excersising in the heat. Its far better to do your excersising in intervals and space them apart, than over exert yourself or have a heat stroke.

We have very hot summers with high humidity here. There are many days when our humidity is over 90%, and yesterday was a bad day.

I did my excersise bike in 2 intervals and I also placed an electric fan about 10 ft. away from me so that I would not get too hot. Excersising is hard work and we want to feel comfortable while doing it.

Also if your walking or biking, make sure you have water close by or on you. My new bike will have a place to hold my water bottle!!

Enjoy excersising this summer, but please also be cautious as well.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Thanks for the reminder! I do the majority of my exercising in A/C comfort, but I did forget to bring water on our zoo trip the other day. It's surprising how tired you get just walking around - even slowly!

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
yes, that's a great reminder! :)

In the summer I like to do my runs early in the morning or in the evening once the sun is pretty low in the horizon.

Swimming is always a good one too if you have that option. I just did a few laps today and I was impressed at how much of a workout my legs got.

I always have to have my A/C on while doing an intense indoor workout. not too frugal but muuuch more comfy.

·
Heather Bob
7,312 Posts
VERY good reminder, thanks CJ! In the past, the summer is usually when I quit exercising regularly. I am always outside in the gardens etc. but its not the same as a workout. But this year I vow to stick to it. I am going to have to get a fan beside my exercise bike!:smball:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts