Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a couple of videos for exercising and they are just way to fast paced for me. All I have done so far is watch them once and sit and laugh!! I could never do them. :(

My arthritis is getting worse, it seems like everyday, and I just can't do all the knee bending things.

I know some of you use the Walk Away The Pounds videos and I finally just saw the advertisement for them on TV this morning. I think I just may be able to do that! :)

So which of her videos would you recommend to a first time exerciser (EVER!!) that has bad arthritis, over 40, and about 35 pounds over weight?

I found some of her videos on half.com, brand new for a lot less than the TV advertisement, but don't know which one(s) to get. :(

Help please anyone????

TIA

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
If you're new to exercising definitely start out with the 1 mile. Then you can progress to the 2 and 3 miles when you're ready. :)

·
Registered
15,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Michelle! :)

Do any of you do warm-up or stretching exercises before you do the videos? If so what???? :D

Thanks

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
I strech after I exercize since that is the time my muscles are warm. To start all of my tapes have a warm up section then they kick into the full workout.

·
Founder
19,054 Posts
I definitely suggest walk away the pounds too. I don't stretch to warm up. I wait until after and do extra stretches.
Her pace isn't too fast and you're getting a good cardio workout. It's not high impact, but you don't want that to start out anyway.

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
I wholeheartedly agree that watp videos are great!! Diana-I had NEVER officially exercised, and I can do them easily and love them. I have also had other videos before, and just couldn't keep up/do them because they were too hard/fast/complicated. I really highly recommend the videos.

As a side note, I have gotten my mom doing them with me-she is over 60 and has diabetes and cardiac history, and she can do them-neither of us are in good shape, but we can do these videos and we actually do them every day. We started with the one mile video, but quickly moved to 2 mile, which is where my mom is now.
The other thing I really like is the one mile video only takes 15 mins from start to finnish, and I can always find 15 mins in my day to do the video, where as longer workouts, I sometimes have trouble fitting in. :)

·
Registered
15,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you ladies.

I'm just back from my doctor's appt. and she said they sounded like a good idea too. :)

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
SewCrafty said:
Thanks Michelle! :)

Do any of you do warm-up or stretching exercises before you do the videos? If so what???? :D

Thanks
There is a warm up on the tape...the first few minutes and a cool down too. After the cool down, she does some stretching--stretching is better done at the end when muscle is warm.

I really, really, really like the WATP (walk away the pounds) tapes...I've tried all kinds, and I really was too uncoordinated to do them. I ended up feeling frustrated and not doing them. Her tapes are the only ones I've ever stuck with. I'm getting ready to order the 4 mile!

Let us know how you like them! :)

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
I forgot to mention that I really like HER too...she's not super skinny or fake like other exercise tape leaders. I can actually stand to listen to her, unlike some others that shall remain nameless ;)

·
Registered
15,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for all your input ladies. I just ordered Walk Away The Pounds - Get Up and Get Started. I should have it within a week! :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts