Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

From past couple of days I am running out of money and that is only because of my improper management of money. The place where I have to spend 50, I had spent 150 unknowingly and that has downsized my financial condition. Please help me out with some good tips.

Thanks
Phick

·
Registered
895 Posts
Honestly the first advice I would give you is post some more information if you want good advice. It is hard to give you specific advice based on that info...

Look into some of the budgetting threads, that might be a good start. Eat the rest of the month/week things that are already in the house (I hope you can cook?) try not to drive when not needed but walk/bike instead. If you have this problem repeatably, consider reading one of the books of Dave Ramsey (Total Money Makeover is one of the more popular ones).

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Two techniques are useful for over-spending:

#1 - Write down every penny you spend. Keep a notebook with you and write it all down. Sometimes just knowing that you'll have to write it down will stop you from spending. Weekly (some say at the end of the day), compare what you spent with your budget.

#2 - Use the envelop system. Yes, stop using a debit card. Pay cash for everything. If you need gas, instead of paying at the pump, go to the cashier and hand them two twenties out of your "gasoline" envelop. When the money in that envelop is empty, you can't buy gas anymore. Do this for groceries and incidentals and everything else that isn't a regular bill (like mortgage/rent, utilities, etc.)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well some more extra information is as below:-

I own a software firm and to make the company run smoothly I depend on various softwares and tools to keep a good track of the same. I spend on those tools as per the advice from my employees sitting in the admin department. But later stage most of the time I got a good offer. Secondly I am not able to keep track of every expenses happening in the company which ultimately makes me incur a loss. I just wanted some automated system for managing the monetary terms in my firm.

·
Registered
871 Posts
I'm sorry but I couldn't IMAGINE owning a company and NOT being able to track every expense.

It's kind of hard to follow what you are saying, so i'm going to say this: Maybe a book keeper is something you need? If you have one, I would be asking them these questions!

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Is there a sign-off requisition procedure where you or a member in charge of the department's budget compares the purchase to the company budget?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts