Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Technical Support Sleuth
6,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that this has been touched on before within FV but a recent conversation made me want to bring it up again.

Your expired coupons do not have to be thrown away, recycled, etc.

PXes and Commissaries at overseas military bases allow coupons to be used up to 6 months past the expiration date!

This site: Contacts News Adoption Base L has some useful information on how to send coupons to overseas bases.

I'm personally horrible about sending coupons overseas, but would like to become better about doing so. After all, what easier way is there to support our service members and their families?

There are also several military families on FV stationed overseas that may welcome your coupons.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
I already have some wonderful ladies sending me loads of coupons from Texas...don't need anymore! But I want to say that they are really appreciated. The commissary only carries name brands and I can't afford to pay Euros or British pounds (when we were stationed in England). So coupons really help me out in my grocery budget.

If you aren't up for sending them out, I know a lot of VFW chapters send out coupons. It may be easier to just drop them off if a chapter is near where you shop/live/work.

·
Registered
12,986 Posts
If you aren't up for sending them out, I know a lot of VFW chapters send out coupons. It may be easier to just drop them off if a chapter is near where you shop/live/work.
Thanks J..........this is nice to know. I have been pitching mine but will try to remember to call a VFW chapter next week and ask about it.

There are tons of coupons that I don't even cut out, as I don't use the item, but would do it if it would get to someone that could use it.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Hey, if you guys want to send coupons; we would love them here! A few ladies and I swap back and forth here.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts