Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, with the cooler weather I have found myself with two cats on the bed. I woke up on night to them breathing really heavy. At first I thought it was just the one then realized it was both of them. So now I have to get used to being poked in the neck while the one cat makes a "nest" at my neck to sleep in. There is nothing like being their heating pad.

Anyone else finding more company than usual in bed? lol

·
Registered
13,930 Posts
No,I used to but the one gets lonely so she wakes me up. Now we do "movie time,then time to go. i breathe better w/o the fur. My 1 and I mean 1 haven.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
One dog sleeps with me, against my legs on the bottom of the bed. My cat sleeps with me as well, but under the covers, right under my arm. Silly animals...

·
Registered
5,659 Posts
The past few nights both have my cats have started climbing in bed with me then getting up at 7 a.m. for their morning laps through the house. Just loud enough to annoy me, then they climb back in bed and sleep for a few more hours.

·
Registered
8,935 Posts
My sister got kittens and shes slowly letting them into the entire house room by room. Last week was the bedroom - she's not used to waking up with a cat purring in her ear or headbutting her while she sleeps. :lol: I got used to it from ex bf's cats :) I wish I could have my own but I'm allergic.

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
headbutting, that's funny. :)

my two cats sleep with me. the bed is big enough for all of us. it's funny; everyone has his or her own spot.

·
Registered
581 Posts
I have 3 cats who share the bed with me.
There have been times in the winter that I would try to turn over and couldn't because there was 1 cat stuck to my left side, another stuck to my right side and the third one was draped over my feet.
And no amount of wiggling would make them move - I have to actually pick them up and move them so I have room to turn over.
But I wouldn't trade them for the world.

·
4,028 Posts
Cleo or Allwyn will sleep at my feet. Caesar will occasionally climb on me to sleep or snuggle beside me - this is becoming more frequent as the weather is cooling off. Lacy will spontaneously climb on the bed between us if she wants more of the "pack" but she is usually content beside the bed. Precious sleeps downstairs as she becomes too anxious not knowing the layout of the upstairs floor plan.

·
Registered
4,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Have one cat that will head butt me when trying to make a nest out of my lap. It is pretty funny.

·
27,948 Posts
Dog sleeps on the floor in our room, have to leave the door open since he is usually draped in our room & the hallway. He likes to be close but not right with us. Sometimes starts out with us but by the time I turn out the light after reading hes outa there.
Cat sleeps where she wants and it's been months that she's slept with us. I toss and turn and cat doesn't like that much. ;)

·
Registered
12,986 Posts
No, mine are kenneled at night. I flip and flop all over and would be afraid I would kick them off or something. Better this way.......I am sure all three of us sleep better! They each have their own kennel and get a treat when they go in it so are more than happy to go to bed.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
My dog Bella (rescued in March) has slept with us from day one. She seemed to need the comfort. It's funny, my dh who said he would NEVER sleep w/a dog is the one who let her start getting in the bed. She keeps my feet warm (lol).

Our other rescue dog sleeps w/my 15 yr old son.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Gotta love our furry babies!!

Are any of you amazed at how such little animals take up so much room in the bed!! lol!!

The cat and the dog usually end up with more bed than I do!!

I adore those little babies!! If they are not with me I feel like I cant sleep!! I know, I am little mental!! LOL!!

·
Premium Member
3,524 Posts
I don't find myself with more company than usual, just the same as always....two very large dogs, the smaller of the two across the bottom of the bed and the larger one stretched out next to me with her head resting on my leg, and the cat cuddled up next to my pillow. Oh yeah, DH is there too! :D

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
I had to show my poor cat the bedroom door after he jumped up on my bed with really dirty paws and left some cat litter and stains on a sheet I had over my comforter. The mass amount of hair left behind alone was freaking me out. I hadn't noticed before because I had a darker colored comforter on my bed with a patterned design and that must have hid the hair and dirt he was leaving on the bed.

I feel bad for him but I have a hard enough time getting to sleep without worrying about sleeping with dirt and cat litter on my bed. He stays right outside the closed door now, sometimes crying to be let in but I don't. :(

·
Registered
844 Posts
I once woke up in the middle of the night to the sound of heavy breathing next to me on the pillow. I lived alone...... It freaked me out until I realized it was the neighbour's cat who had climbed in through the bedroom window!

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
Not due to cold weather, but I've recently started letting my two large female dogs be in the bedroom with me. We got a new dog, Daisy, and her and Josie were struggling to get along, being gritchy, so to bond them I started walking them together and allowing them to sleep in my room with me. It has really worked! Not on the bed.....yet. I'm still adjusting to this because they make noises and I haven't had a pet in my room for years at night, but I do feel more secure when I hear noises that they are there.

Two small dogs are in their open-wire crates next to each other in basement, other large dog sleeps with my daughter, per her choice and his. They have a waterbed, spoiled mutt.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts