Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"Extraordinary blessings appear in the most ordinary places" that is what shirt I found at the goodwill ($1.79) says. It is a "life is good style" t- shirt It going to be a birthday present for my mom

Also found a hoddie from the camp Little Miss goes to. I bought it for her. ($3.59)

Those were my finds after I dropped off a bunch of outgrowns.

·
Registered
5,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good deals! Don't you just love it when you find the perfect thing for next to nothing?
I do have to say that today was probably the closest thing I do to impulse buying.

I did need another present for my mom. I just didn't know this was it until I saw it.

Little Miss does need a hoddie, it was on the list and she will think a camp hoddie is cool. Still feels like an impluse buy though.

Side note: Little Miss just started middle school and so lots of new kids as the schools in town come together and there is a chance you will know nonone. Well, anyway she spots a cabinmate from camp. They have several classes together including lunch. :) Yeah! a friend to eat lunch with and on the first day of middle school too!

Now that is a perfect thing.

Reactions: Spirit Deer

·
Super Moderator
19,540 Posts
You're right, it is perfect! She'll be a lot less intimidated to already have a friend at school.

There's not a thing wrong with impulse buys if it's something you need or even can make good use of, and it sounds like both your purchases fit that description. And it's not like you bought a new camper on impulse or something frivolous like that, after all. ;) (But I still refuse to feel bad about that since it's turning out to be the right thing at just the right time.)

Enjoy watching those you love enjoy your purchases and don't worry that it was an unexpected buy. You done good!

·
Registered
5,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The first few days of school are already over. She did not know that her cabinmate from camp would be at school let alone in her lunch class. It was a very happy surprise.

And camp brings people from all over so the odds of making a meeting someone at camp in your cabin ( only 8 max. girls in a cabin) and then having her go to your school, and be your team, in your class at lunchtime. Well the odds are staggering.

Oh, and she tried the hoodie on after school today and it fit wonderfully. She was very excited. Chipping away at the winter shopping list a little at a time.

Reactions: Spirit Deer
1 - 7 of 7 Posts