Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Slipped and fell off a ladder. Clipped the corner of my eye on the ladder going down. The cut is healing nicely (TUG!) but my eyelid is a horrible purplish brown, turning yellow . . . .

Here's the deal. I don't have insurance. I'm interviewing for work . . . which is in construction, so I can pass it off as "work place injury" but does anybody have any ideas how to help the color / bruise go away quicker?? No, I don't wear make up!!! LOL!! THAT would be funnier than showing up with a bruise!! My son actually thot I HAD ON make up when he first saw me! :laugh: Like " what is that!??"

Thanks for any and all (frugal) suggestions!!

YEA FOR ME!!

·
27,948 Posts

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
I can't think of naything that would do the trick with out looking silly itself. Good luck!

·
Registered
155 Posts
I remember reading somewhere that eating pineapple or drinking pineapple juice will help. Something about an enzyme, papain, that helps the bruises to heal faster. Might be worth a try, can't hurt. :)

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
Ouch! The only thing I can think of would be ice.

Good luck with the interview.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Have to be careful what you put near your eye, so I guess ice is a good idea. I recall hearing old wives tale of applying thin slice of raw potato or banana peel....guess they will not hurt! Sounds like could have been a lot worse though, Good luck at the interview!

·
Registered
353 Posts
I'm with the badge of honor crowd. You got your shiner doing honest work...no need to hide it. Good luck and please let us know how the interview goes!

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
there's an herb called horse chestnut that helps with blood vessel issues, might help your bruise heal faster.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Arnica gel - but DON't get it in an open cut. My mother found this out when she "knelt to lower education" as she puts it, having fallen off the curb at my son's school. It made serious inroads on the bruising within about a day and a half. The stuff is at some health food stores.

·
Registered
10,774 Posts
I don't think that there is much you can really do for it. Sometimes rubbing it a little everynow and then will help. Good luck!

·
Registered
8,935 Posts
I guess you could always turn a blind eye to it and pretend its not there and make the people looking at you funny appear that they're the crazies not you :laugh: (Sorry couldnt resist the pun)

I remembered, in my scarred childhood for a really bad bruise, aka one that sets really quick - shed overboil an egg so it was super hardboiled and let it cool a smidge but it had to be hot still and place it over the bruise (w/o shell) and would roll it all over the buised areas on my legs or arms and literally the egg turned purple before my eyes and the bruise wasnt as severe/dark.

Im not suggesting you do this as it could be harmful but I thought it was funny that it was the first thing I thought of when I read your thread! Hope the eye heals quick and howd the interview go?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts