Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry, i didnt have the patience to look through all the searches that came up... heres my problem:

I'm allergic to the scent of fabric softener sheets... i need them to reduce static in my hubbys clothes... anyone know where i can buy unscented ones, or even more natural ones? This is for a girl who cant even walk down the laundry detergent aisle without getting sick... I appreciate your help, in advance!!

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
Have you looked into dryer balls?

·
Registered
6,281 Posts
Or what about liquid softner to put in theplastic balls in your washer. they work well too.
When I run out of liquid softner I usr hair conditioner. If your not alergic to anything in your laundryt detergent area, I would use that sometimes too.

·
Registered
933 Posts
i read that you can get a quirt bottle of vinegar and water and just put a few squirts on the laundry when you load it into the dryer. never tried it, but its cheap enough to try.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for all the great tips!

·
Registered
588 Posts
Downy now has a Sensitive and Free liquid softener that I use. I have skin issues so this has been great for me!

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks again ladies, i found Bounce free dryer sheets at the store yesterday! They have a bit of a scent, but NOWHERE near the scent of regular dryer sheets :D

·
Registered
82 Posts
I have a family with various scent and skin sensitivities here. If the bounce brand does not work for you, All makes a "free and clear" version as well. No dies or perfumes. Where I'm at, it's also cheaper than the bounce. They also make a detergent that is great, if you don't make your own.

·
Registered
805 Posts
I like just using vinegar. I still sometimes get static with man-made fibres, but the rest is pretty good.

·
Registered
674 Posts
babetteq I do too!

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks again ladies-- so far the bounce is working out well-- i never usually have problems with actual detergents, i just cant handle the scent of the dryer sheets anymore! I don't make my own detergent, but im starting to think maybe i should!

·
Registered
10,774 Posts
Sometimes putting baking soda in the rinse water helps get rid of the excess detergent, which is what causes clothes to be stiff.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts