Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently read an article about Fall Cleaning. There were references about preparing both inside and outside areas of your home for winter and doing a "Deep clean now to take advantage of good weather, and face the coming of winter and the approaching holidays with a clean and comfortable home"

So I'm going to start my Fall Cleaning/Winter Prep today, that's even though yesterday it was 90 and today it is supposed to be in the 80's.

1 - Check weather stripping around exterior doors and garage and determine if any is needed. If so, add weather stripping to shopping list.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
House #1 - checked the weather stripping and yes my back door can use some new stuff so this has been added to my shopping list
so 1a - buy weather stipping and install - I will watch for sales so I'm not sure when this will get done but I do plan on having it done before the weather turns

House #2 - Flip and vacuum mattresses on my bed and the guest room beds.

Yard # 1 - winterize my yard, what I mean is put down a winter fertilizer. Have some of this from last year so won't have to buy anything - does fertilizer go bad in 1 year?

Reactions: oheoh's momma

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Checking doors and windows to see if they need caulked or puttied..Put storm windows down..Wash all curtians and Windows inside and out..Got a start..(three rooms done). Clean off garden spot and till for Winter (not done yet)wash winter coats and stuff..I want to get the basement cleaned up and the shop before it gets to cold..

·
Registered
663 Posts
Started "Fall Cleaning" - cleaning out the office and winter clothes and blankets. When it's 110 degrees ALL winter clothes and blankets are suspect!! I've made some progress - have books, clothes, etc. to get out of here and wiped out closet shelves. Whew! Will do the haul out in the early am, before it hits 100.

·
Registered
227 Posts
We started on the garage tonight. Cleaning out boxes and starting to put away summer gear. I hadn't heard about fertilizer, gonna tell hubby about that one for when the weather gets cooler.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts