Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
10,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sunday afternoon something terrible happened to my daughter. In that short time me and her dad rushed her to the ER. I've never experienced something like this before and I even deal with anxiety disorder and it was purely amazing how the human body works going on adrenaline. That wonderful hormone really kicked in.

I spent Sunday and Monday in the hospital. I came home and dealt with a million phone calls and texts. I deal with insomnia but this was something way different. I didn't sleep for 3 days straight nor eat.

What I mean is I had about 5 hours in about 3 days to say the most and eating was just a few crackers to shut my belly up.

What made matters worse was I had no family support. Meaning my mom happened to have surgery the next day and my sister was out of commish with doctor stuff too. Dh was working on a new store opening up here. He took Monday off and that was it. I couldn't sleep.

I was also taking care of my two year old. My ex was worried about me big time(he lives 3 hours away) I told him I have no choice and noone here so I have to keep it together. I did it and it wasn't easy but it was truly amazing how I dealt with an emergency crises.

Everything is fine now. My daughter came home. Never in a million years did I think I would sleep New Years away. I woke up to the fire works in my neighborhood and me and dh hugged and fell back asleep.

My body is making up for lost time because I'm eating and sleeping well now. :)

To make matters worse I busted my knee on the kitchen floor. Freak crap during that time. It was swollen like a golf ball. I made myself walk on it when I found out my daughter was coming home. Later that night I couldn't walk at all on it. I tried to sleep with ice on it all night. It's better, but messed up but I'm dealing.

This all ended in 2009 for us but it started something happy for us. I can't even begin to tell you how horrible it is to see your own child like that. Me and her dad will be stuck with thousands upon thousands of medical bills, but I don't really care.

Sure as time goes by, I will whine and complain but sometimes knowing that your child is alive and safe and sound overrides money anyday of the week.

Reactions: NikoSan999

·
Registered
9,299 Posts
Glad to hear you pulled through the crisis. Keep ice on that knee, the sooner the swelling goes down the better.

Reactions: Palooka

·
Banned
10,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Glad to hear you pulled through the crisis. Keep ice on that knee, the sooner the swelling goes down the better.
You live in my area and I can't believe how horrible Center point hospital was. I heard rummors but I experienced it first hand. We had no other hostpital to go through but since she was a minor(17 in this state) we had to transfer here to Research in KCMO.

I'm past the point of ice on my knee. :)

·
Moderator aka AmyBob
12,038 Posts
Sorry to hear you had such a horrific time! Glad that everyone is home and safe and sound now. Hope that knee clears up soon! :hugz:

·
Registered
13,930 Posts
Sorry you had such a hard time. Please don't wait to long to go to the Ortho. The knee is a weird place. My DD has messed her up pretty bad too. Glad your DD's ok.

·
Premium Member
3,714 Posts
wow!! so sorry about all of this........

glad she's home!

·
Registered
290 Posts
It is good to hear that your daughter is fine now and back
home!!

Our children can really spur us to greater heights.
The MAMA in you overrode everything else, I think.

Best wishes for your family for 2010!

·
Registered
9,916 Posts
Glad the daughter is ok first. Second get your knee checked out. You could have done some real damage to it.

Is she feeling ok? You didn't say what happened to her...and that's fine. But is she really doing ok or did they just release her to get her out of there.

·
19,119 Posts
Oh my goodness - you certainly rose to that occasion and more Palooka. Am glad to hear that things are definitely on the upswing.

I know you know, but once again wanted to say - go to the doctor for your knee - nothing to mess with there.

Hugs, prayers and aloha to all of you. Please keep us posted so we can support you from miles away!!

·
Registered
6,281 Posts
sending good vibes your way and hoping everything is going better now for u.

·
Premium Member
3,524 Posts
What a scary way to start the new year! Am so glad to hear your daughter is home now. :hugz:

·
Banned
10,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks everyone! Things are on the calm now.

My knee has a nice big bruise and sore but way better!

Me and her dad are dealing and talking with his insurance and they are covering more than we thought. (he carries her insurance)

Some parts is covering 100%. He is pretty well off and has good coverage in the areas we needed. :)

·
Registered
6,281 Posts
palooka thats good that ull get help from his insurance.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Glad to hear that things have calmed down! You are right when you say it is amazing what the human body is capable of in a time of need. Take care and may 2010 not be as chaotic!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts