Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My family and I (including the IN-Laws) are taking a road trip in June and are stopping in MN. for one day. Would like to stop at Mall of America. For being in MN. for such a short time any suggestions on must sees and places to eat? Does not have to be in Mall of America either. Thank you in advance for your suggestions.

Very Excited to hit the road: :grwave:

·
Registered
6,988 Posts
Como Zoo is very nice. Its a mid sized free zoo with carnaval rides etc. It's also has lovely picnic grounds.
Also if you are planning on eatting or doing activities is the MOA they sell a $10 coupon book in the gift shops. Its alot of buy 1 get 1 for eatting, rides, Virtual Nascar etc.

·
4,028 Posts
The MoA has a really nice aquarium under it..... yeah, under it. They dug out the foundation and built it at night. The Minn Renaissance Festival is unbelievable if you like those but i'm not sure of the dates this year.

·
Registered
6,988 Posts
The MoA has a really nice aquarium under it..... yeah, under it. They dug out the foundation and built it at night. The Minn Renaissance Festival is unbelievable if you like those but i'm not sure of the dates this year.
On the Aquarium! Phenomenal! I'm biased though! My dad helped build it:king:

·
4,028 Posts
The tunnel walkway just left me with my jaw dropped. Your Dad did a really great job. :)

Its also nice that you don't have to travel outside of the mall.

·
Registered
9,412 Posts
I have never been their but I hear it's got tons of things to see and do... just leave your CC at home, lol ... tons of shops and temptations. :)

·
Registered
6,988 Posts
The tunnel walkway just left me with my jaw dropped. Your Dad did a really great job. :)

Its also nice that you don't have to travel outside of the mall.

Grin! He was always so proud of what they built. We got to go before it was open to the public. It was so neat.

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
in Blue Earth they have a statue of the Jolly Green Giant...other than that I have no tips, but i wanted to say if you do go to the aquarium, please tell us all about it!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts