Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
10,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've watched him for years and tonight was the last night for him on the air. I'm a wimp, I had several tears and the show was touching. :)

CNN nights won't be the same. :( I'm glad he will have more time with his family now.

Not sure if anyone else here was a fan...

·
Registered
479 Posts
I felt Larry King was a 'lightweight' journalist. Sure he interviewed some of the most influential people in the world but he often did not ask the tough questions that needed to be asked especially of dictators or people convicted of heinous crimes. Perhaps it's unfair but I saw him almost as an apologist who let the bad guys get away with defending themselves and he would just let them ramble on, sort of the anti-Bill O'Reilly (whom I used to like because he did ask tough questions but I've also long since stopped being a fan of him since I think he went too far over on the obnoxious side).

·
Banned
10,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I felt Larry King was a 'lightweight' journalist. Sure he interviewed some of the most influential people in the world but he often did not ask the tough questions that needed to be asked especially of dictators or people convicted of heinous crimes. Perhaps it's unfair but I saw him almost as an apologist who let the bad guys get away with defending themselves and he would just let them ramble on, sort of the anti-Bill O'Reilly (whom I used to like because he did ask tough questions but I've also long since stopped being a fan of him since I think he went too far over on the obnoxious side).
Oh he asked many tough questions through the years, the thing he didn't do is argue back and respected his guest. That's why I think he was a great journalist because every political party felt welcome(can't say that for some) and he gave everyone a voice.

Perhaps it was what side of the fence you sat on..... but that is why he was so successful and will be missed.

And thank goodness he wasn't a Bill O'Reilly or a Sean Hannity. :skept:

·
Moderator aka AmyBob
12,041 Posts
Read the title and thought he died! Glad to know he's just moving on to the next phase in his life!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.