Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope today is better than the last several days. Especially yesterday! I finally had to get my tooth extracted Monday. Thank goodness the pain is gone.
Yesterady, my FIL was rushed back to the hospital, he had blacked out, and they discovered he is building up water around his heart again. They had to give him lasix twice before it worked. There isn't much else they can do for him, poor dear.
Then my neice got into an accident, she got rear ended, bumped her head and ended up in the ER herself. Thankfully, she is al right, just a headache and sore.
Then my Dh got a ticket on the way home from work. Boy is he mad! :grrr:
It just seemed like one series of events after another. So, I am glad Fat Tuesday is over. Hopefully today will be better
All the schools are on Fog delay this morning. It is really dense this morning. I am glad in one sense because my DD can use the extra rest, she hasn't been feeling too great the last few days, but still going to school.
I am still tired and sore today, so I am going to take it easy and do a little bit here and a little bit there today. Hopefully things will continue to improve.
Also, my FIL should come home today. Looks like hospice will have to start coming in for his care now.
Here's hoping everyone else is having a great day/week.

·
Registered
8,935 Posts
Good Morning Y'all!

OMG Kathy - I hope things are going to be BETTER for you today! I am sending you all the good vibes I can and best wishes for your father! Ohm! Ohm! *lol*

After work today I plan on:

* taking a shower (cuz now I can! :thumb: )

* having a quick dinner and packing my lunch for tomorrow!

* laying out tomorrows clothes

* stopping at bank to deposit some cheques

* picking up a friend to go to our weekly social meet

* soak my toe, once i get back home

* and flopping right into bed w/o worries cuz everything will be done

Have a wonderful day ladies - especially YOU Kathy! *hugs*

·
Registered
9,412 Posts
Sorry to hear about your FIL, for me today I have to:

~ Wash a load of laundry
~ Let the doggies out
~ Straighten up around the house
~ Pick up DD from school
~ Cook dinner (barbeque chicken with corn on the cob)
~ Relax a bit as I am still feeling under the weather
~ Watch a movie with DD
~ Go to bed early, have to drive DH to airport early tomorrow

·
8,714 Posts
It was foggy here this morning too. I'm not Catholic so it's an average Wednesday here. Today I need to;
~call to verify deposits
~decide what's for dinner
~hang laundry
~take kids outside?
~find my table under all the clutter

Hope everyone enjoys their day!

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
No longer Catholic here, but in the spirit of the season I look at how I can improve myself (reinforce those New Year's resolutions). This is my first day that will be soda free. I only drink one a day so it isn't too much of a pass, but I need to cut the calories and costs.
I am going to talk to my attorney to see when I can drop off paperwork. After that I will need to:
- wash and hang a few loads of laundry
- hit the gym
- do daily chore and keep kids on theirs
- take the weekly quiz for class
- make dinner (curry baked chicken) and prep tomorrow's lunch.
- review the sales papers to plan this weekend's grocery shopping.

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Morning all. Busy day. Laundry is going. Cleaning the house and cooking lots of lasagna for 4 soldiers plus my family tonight. Sauce is already in the c.ps. When dh gets up today I will have him clean the office and my dining room table as all his stuff is all over it. Have a good day.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Good morning everyone, Was feeling kind of bad yesterday and had a back ache. This morning I woke up with another sore throat, just when I thought I was getting better...and now I seem to be getting that stuff hubby had (flu). I'm tired of being sick and I'm stressing about all the laundry and things that will be piling up around me. Hubby is good at taking care of me, but he just doesn't understand about keeping up with the household stuff. I'm currently trying to rush around getting it all done, before I can't. Everyone have a good day.

·
Registered
7,746 Posts
It's a day off, so I slept late.
Usual morning reading with a cup of tea to start the day.
Took out trash to the dumpster.
Ate breakfast/lunch (frugal beans!)
Washed some new fabric.

Need to vacuum, pick up a little around the place.
Then spend most of the day working on a quilt.

The doc said I could expect to have the fatigue hanging on for up to a year after the chemo ended, which surprised me, but he was right. Sigh. I was flattened when I got off work last night, so I'm taking it sort of easy today and tomorrow. Mostly go with the flow play time. A little laundry and necessary cooking ahead for the next round of work days.

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Sorry to hear about your FIL, for me today I have to:

~ Wash a load of laundry
~ Let the doggies out
~ Straighten up around the house
~ Pick up DD from school
~ Cook dinner (barbeque chicken with corn on the cob)
~ Relax a bit as I am still feeling under the weather
~ Watch a movie with DD
~ Go to bed early, have to drive DH to airport early tomorrow
Get to feeling better Tracy!We spent the day looking around thrift stores in the area. I got a spring tote bag, a sweatshirt for cleaning house in(never used) and we found a Homer Laughlin Americana Wheat bowl for 50 Cents!Also two measuring cups with the long handles that I like. I think we spent $2.00.A good day. Now home to wash a load of clothes, relax, watch tv with DH. Enjoy the afternoon!

G

·
DS let me sleep in until 8:30am today!

So far:
*Washed two loads of laundry, mostly folded and put away
*Decluttered some more in the bedroom closet
*Sent out my references for the job I applied for, also emailed everyone and let them know I had just send their names out
*Painted my toenails
*Emptied the dishwasher
*Aired out the house

Not much left on the list - I'm going out drinking with a friend tonight, so I have to remember to make some tuna fish for DH to eat for dinner, and find something to wear.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts