Frugal Village Forums banner

Favorite cities you have been too?

6K views 65 replies 64 participants last post by  forHISglory 
#1 ·
I've family in Philadelphia. It is a nice city with tons of historic sites to see like Independence Mall and the Liberty Bell, the Ben Franklin House, and Elfreth's Alley (the oldest residential street in the US)

#4 ·
I've travelled a bit in my younger years and lived in bigger cities, but honestly my little home town here is really my favorite place. We have a celebration of some kind almost every weekend down town and so much to do and see, including a nationally renowned ag research center with a gorgeous arboretum, beautiful historic buildings, wineries, historical society and much more that really my hometown is my favorite.

kj

#5 ·
I've especially enjoyed Boston & Philly. Love the History!

#9 ·
I'd have to say New Orleans and Key West are my two favorite places that I have been to so far. I've still got quit a few places on my list I like to visit. The next two places I'd like to go to would be Savannah, Georgia and Charleston, SC.

Dixie Jean

#10 ·
My favorite place to visit here in California is Monterey and Carmel. Outside of the state, I love Daytona Beach, FL.

#13 ·
Some of my favorites: San Francisco--Seattle--Vancouver--New Orleans--Williamsburg--Nashville--Most any place in Florida by the water!!!--Myrtle Beach--Atlanta--Boston. I guess that's enough for now.

#15 ·
San Fransisco was nice, loved the fisherman's warf (but i am a ocean person, if you don't like walking along the coast you might not like my choices) anywhere in maine coast, Tacoma was nice, rained bunches, um...germany was fantastic, i liked everywhere i went there.

#16 ·
My favorite cities in the USA are Philiadelphia, for the history, New York because it is N.Y., for the smaller places, I love Stowe Vermont, and the smaller towns along the Smokey Mountains in TN.
In europe, I loved Prague Czech Republic, Rome Italy and Amsterdam.

#19 ·
I love small towns like Madison, Ga. and Fancy Gap, Va. Old main streets and historical homes are a passion.
Outside the U.S. London and Paris top my list of places visited. Places to visit someday St. Petersburg Russia and Warsaw Poland.

Laurie in Bradenton

#20 ·
Columbus Ohio took me by surprise - I had expected to hate it, and fell in love with the variety of culture and the friendliness.

#23 ·
Vegas Baby! We don't really gamble when we go. The company my husband works for does conferences there every couple years, spouses included. They pay for spa services, room service, etc. But the big reason I love it there is the FOOD. I have celiac disease and most restaurants don't know how to accommodate for it (gluten-free diet). In Vegas, everyone does. The last time we were there, we ate at Emeril's and Mesa Grill (Bobby Flay's place). We were at Mesa Grill mid-afternoon during the week and one of the chefs offered to handmake pure corn tortillas for me. It was so nice of her I about cried.

Nancy

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.