Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
17,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been thinking about how I abuse my body with poor choices: eating things that aren't healthy, not getting enough sleep or exercise, allowing stress to get the better of me.

I have decided to challenge myself, for the month of February, to try to do at least one thing all month to give myself a break.

For me, it is a decision to be vegetarian all month. I will allow myself eggs, but only those I collect from my happy and well-fed free-range chickens. I will try to limit dairy as much as I can. I even went out yesterday and bought some non-dairy creamer to replace my beloved Half and Half. No meat of any kind, including (sob) sushi.

I am going to try to be better about doing other things to help keep myself strong and healthy, and I'll post them here, but I wanted to pick one thing that I could concentrate on.

Anyone else want to actually try to love yourself enough to do something good for you for a whole month? Come on, you can do it! I picked the shortest month of the year! :D

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
I'm in. I've been doing something like this since the first of the year. For January I flossed each night and washed my face before bed. My February goal is walking at least 15 minutes 3x week and stretching at least 2x week. They are small goals but I figure if I concentrate on a small habit each month I'll end up with 12 new good habits.

Reactions: madhen

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
I'm in. Friday I rebounded for 10 min and took dog for a 30 min walk and went for a walk w/dh for 30 more min! Today I ate some squash for my health! Vit A!

·
Registered
7,747 Posts
I'm in. I'm always so dehydrated, I never get enough water. So I've decided to drink 6-8 glasses of water every day. :)

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
I'm in too. I am going to eat one serving of fruit each day. Dh doesn't eat much fruit, so sometimes I forget to eat some each day. I will do that even if it is just a huge helping of jam on a PB & J.

A2M

·
Premium Member
3,714 Posts
Jan found me at Zumba 21 times!!!! I love it so much! That will continue for sure!
But, I;m in for the water uptake....
6 kitchen glasses full a day... minimum

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
I know that I can easily eat a banana a day, but only bought them for FIL, because dh is allergic to them, but likes them so I didn't feel it was right to keep them around him, but he says that it is okay and that I can keep bananas around for me, so I will be getting potassium and fruit in each day.

I already drink 12 or more glasses of water a day. That is never a problem for me.

A2M

·
Registered
17,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have an unopened quart of Half and Half in the fridge, so I am going to use it up, then switch to non-dairy after it is gone. I found a "skinny caramel macchiato" creamer from Coffee House, and it is palatable, so I'll be buying more of that, I guess. Maybe one for the office, as well.

·
Registered
17,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I've tried freezing it before, and it doesn't do well in coffee afterward (separates and gets curdy). Otherwise, I would.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Okay, I am in to try this. On days that I work, I have no problems drinking 80-100 oz of water a day. My goal will be to do that the other days. And am going for a begining goal of 10 crunches a day. To go with my wall pushups.

·
Super Moderator
19,540 Posts
That's odd, MH. I've frozen it before and then thawed it and made ice cream with it. Maybe it has to do with fat content or being heated in the coffee.

·
Registered
8,935 Posts
Hmm...goal for Feb? I'm gonna say to get my butt back into the gym. No set frequency just to get me back into the habit of going again. After being sick for the last week and a half (and still going) I don't ever want to be this sick for this long again. (and this is NOT my worst kind of 'sick' either)

So lets see how well I do in Feb :)

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Monday 1/30- did 20 minutes of yoga. I didn't get to it until 8:00 at night but I squeaked in under the wire :pblow:. I really think, for me, telling myself I only need to do at least 15 minutes makes me more willing to fit it in. We'll see.

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
I need to do this. I have a very hard time drinking water in the winter. I'm going to try for 6 glasses of water a day this month.
Thanks for starting this MH.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
I ate a banana and had two pieces of toast with lots of boysenberry jam on it today. So, I got my fruit in my meals for the day.

A2M

·
Registered
17,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Day one is going well here! The only dairy I had was in my coffee this morning. The rest of the day was all either veg or fruit (except for the bowl of dry Kashi cereal I munched on).

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
Today I had some Greek yogurt & red grapes yum

1 - 20 of 58 Posts