Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i retired in January and I,m going up the wall its been so hot and humid outside these last 2 weeks I'm crawling up the wall I've been trying to do things here at home but there is just so much i can do i,m feeling like I'm lost and confused I've just never had all this time to do things and now that i do its scary

·
Registered
8,935 Posts
Relax marla...having all the time to do the things you wanted to do IS overwhelming however just make a list and prioritize things you want to get done. Tackle each thing on your list one at a time. :) You'll find your natural rhythm and be humming along soon enough!

·
Registered
12,986 Posts
It is an adjustment.......and takes some time.

It could take about a year to get used to the fact that you can do WHAT you want.......when you want. If you have too much to do....that can be a good thing, just space it out.

If you don't have enough to keep you busy do some volunteer work. Hobbies?......go to different groups for those hobbies.

·
27,948 Posts
I echo the volunteer work, making lists and maybe even a part time job doing what you want to do. Getting out and being around people doing something you enjoy will do wonders for you. Go for it! :cheergrl:
Starting your day off with a nice walk, early before it gets hot ,will get you off to a great start.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
I agree with the making a list...writing down everything you want and need to do...taking one step at a time...tackling one thing on your list at at time...just taking baby steps...it takes time to acclimate to your new lifestyle...The other suggestions are also good...maybe take each suggestion, try implementing one at a time in your day...before you realize it, you'll have a new and comfortable daily routine...:grouphug2

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
somehow i get the feeling no one really wants to talk to me here in fv people I've talked to seem not to want to talk to me again -it makes me l only if some don't want me here i wish they would just say so i won't stay where im not wanted -sorry im feeling down with myself today -i do like to meet and talk to new people and share things---maybe my tips have been said already -i don't know --sorry about the rant i just need to talk to someone at times

·
27,948 Posts
If you're talking about chat, it's not you, it's just that people pop in and out of chat while they look thru the Village.:)
Like me now...thunder storm just got here & I need to pop out
be back later!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts