Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since Monday...I have started doing the following:

*bought power strips for both TV/DVD players...installed or plugged in I mean.

* stockpiling

* stopped using the dryer

* only running the washing machine if a full load

* unplugged a beer fridge(that had 3 cans in it and has been like this for months)

* wearing my clothing twice, using the air to freshen them up.

* turned down hot water heater

* bought a kill a watt off ebay for 13 bucks

Just had to share as my friends would roll their eyes and think I'm weird LOL.:thumb:

Janine

·
Registered
232 Posts
You are doing great!! Keep up the great work!!! :)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Doesn't it make you feel good to do those things? Everything adds up to money saved and that's the right way to go. What is a kill a wat?

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Doesn't it make you feel good to do those things? Everything adds up to money saved and that's the right way to go. What is a kill a wat?
I just found out about these yesterday...but can't remember which thread on here...use the search and type in kill a watt...should find it there...it plugs into the outlet...then you plug in an appliance to see how much juice it uses, I find it really cool.

·
Licence to Kill
3,479 Posts
Wow!! You're having a fabulously-frugal week!!! It feels GREAT, doesn't it?! :D Keep going!! And, please, keep telling us! It's inspiring to hear! :cheergrl:

·
Registered
623 Posts
Good luck with your plan. Hope you will keep us apprised on the progress !

·
Founder
19,054 Posts

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
Way to go!! :)

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
:listen: I Love your enthusiasm, and to think you just got started! :clap: It's very contagous, and I can't wait to hear just how much your new-made changes pays off for you!!! I have to wonder what else you'll come across along the way. Keep us posted!

Naming you the FV's Queen Frugalista! ~lol~ :rose::rose::rose::rose::rose::rose::rose::rose::rose::rose::rose::rose:

Theresa :)

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Why yes it definately is addicting...still looking for more things to turn frugal lol...one of the big things for Us will be making our own bread...the cheapest at the store is 1.97/530gram loaf....I can make it for under 35 cents...and we go through 3 loaves of store bought a week...saved almost 5 bucks a week there alone.
I'm using the kill a watt to see how much juice my 1970's deepfreeze uses...it is very big and is never more than 1/3 full...looking on local classified ads for smaller and newer one.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts