Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where do you buy yours? I have looked at a few of the hardware stores around here. None. I have looked online. The shipping for a few bars costs more than the few bars. My last choice is to buy in bulk online; however, I am skeered I won't like it or won't like the laundry soap/process. TIA.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Stacey, I can only find mine at Albertsons grocery stores. I think you can substitute other soap for Fels. I buy mine 4 at a time because the first bar I bought had so much dust on it that the mgr was terribly embarrassed. There were only 2 so he gave me the other for free. I went back several weeks later and he had ordered some more.:laundry:

Reactions: ri*smom

·
Registered
763 Posts
I have found the fel's naptha at Winco food for 97 cents!!!

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
I have found it at Jewel (which is an Albertson's store) and another local grocery store here in the laundry section.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
I buy mine at Shaw's (grocery store). It's near the laundry soap and costs about $1.30/bar.

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
My Kroger here has them and I believe that *some* Wal-marts carry it.
They always carry it in the laundry detergent aisle and it's on the top shelf, above the powdered laundry soap & borax powder.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Okay! I will check a couple of grocery stores and Walmart . . . fingers crossed!! We used to have a Kroger's back in the day; I'll have to search around and see if there is one near here still.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I have used it for over 10 years and have always had to buy it online and I do buy it in bulk.It gets stains out of baby clothes better than anything else I've tried.Soaps Gone Buy is where I got it the last time I ordered it.It is the best soap for laundry I've ever used.It will also get rid of poison ivy.

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
Okay! I will check a couple of grocery stores and Walmart . . . fingers crossed!! We used to have a Kroger's back in the day; I'll have to search around and see if there is one near here still.
I get mine at Fred Meyer- which is a Krogers store.

·
Registered
4,225 Posts
My store was discontinuing it so I bought enough for about 8 to 10 years at a discount BUT my Krogers carries it to as well as the borax AND the arm and hammer washing soda which is HARD to find.

Another tip--you can use ZOTE soap which is cheaper and easy to find but most people perfer the fels.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Okay, there is a Kroger 18 miles from here. I think I'll give it a try; the kids and I need a field trip anyway . . . we've been stuck in here with the stomach flu.

·
Registered
134 Posts
you can use Zote or any bar soap in the laundry department. If you would rather not have to buy different soaps, use what ever bar soap you use now. Zest? Ivory? Dove?

soap is soap.. some has fragrance, some color some other additives, but soap is soap.. lye, water, and fat... ok so some uses milk instead of water <smile>

hth.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts